• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Road Runner Part out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate it guys but unfortunately this car is just been sitting for 20+ years. It was a barter from my dad to another guy. The motor is seized and no title if I re call. Please pm with more duster pictures

- - - Updated - - -

Not a console car and the hump is going in the 70 for the 4 speed

xj964,

Before you cut into that convertible bird you may want to confirm the title doesn't exist, and what the state's take is on titles or bill of sales. If you could sell it with a bill of sale, you would be saving a rare car and would have enough cash to buy an all new 4 speed kit from Brewers, or even a 5 speed kit from Kiesler....plus some. The frozen motor won't scare a serious buyer off....especially if it's number matchine, it looks like all the convertible specific stuff is there, and most of the stuff that will rust away is probably available from AMD.

Title or no, this is a serious mistake. I would imagine that the value of the car as a whole far exceeds the value in parts.

Title or no, this is a serious mistake. I would imagine that the value of the car as a whole far exceeds the value in parts.

concur and as i said above you should be trying to sell this car as is.

Take the cash and buy your 4-speed hump new from AMD or someone else brand new and ready to fit and install.

moparstuart is itching to put a wing on this thing!

Thank you for all your input and I totally understand. The hard part is my stubborn German dad lol. He is a Mopar guy but stuck in 10 years ago pricing. For sh*ts and giggles someone throw a number out there for what they would pay for it. Do I hear road trip to moparstuart's place ??

Thank you for all your input and I totally understand. The hard part is my stubborn German dad lol. He is a Mopar guy but stuck in 10 years ago pricing. For sh*ts and giggles someone throw a number out there for what they would pay for it. Do I hear road trip to moparstuart's place ??

how much is your dad or you hoping to make by parting this thing out?

how much would it take for you/him to sell it w/o parting it?

that may get the ball rolling but i would figure that out and offer it for sale before parting and then see if the interest is there or not before parting it. you know they only made about 2K of these and they are highly desirable right? if it can be titled in a state ... maybe not your state it may be worth resurrecting right? like some have said some states will title cars with a BOS. you can call the state sheriffs dept and give them the VIN and ask if it's been reported stolen if that's a problem or you are suspicious. I did it routinely on cars i was buying and had any reason to question (and there NEVER was a problem in my experiences anyway) a deal in the "olden days" :)

i agree i hope it doesn't get parted. but i'am have the same problem with my 340 duster nobody seems to want it or trade up for it .it will most likely get parted out also i keep all them all and i'am b-body guy

u sell the steering wheel yet? id buy it..been looking for a black one like it

SANY0096.JPGgood luck on that $2000.00 i offered him my #'s matching 340 duster340 4 speed inviolet purple car with over 2500.00 in new AMD sheet metal same deal he could keep the hump,pedals, and 4 speed. so the car can be saved

The top is still on the car so the interior can't be too bad.How many converts that sit for 20 plus years still even have the top intact?.All the body panels minus the hood are in place.Why part a desirable B body convert that can be rebuilt?

Ya, i thought id try to start at that figure to see what he thinks, the duster trade deal sounded real sweet, i have a 70 /6 from cali, i tagged it and drive it some times.

Last edited:
Without knowing the condition of the whole car, I say start at 4K and it can only go up (and most likely will)

Sorry guys I was working. I need the parts and we are always concerned about if it was stolen/reported stolen. We do not have the money to rebuild it. We have other priorities. Ralley my family is a b body family and I respect the offer. There is no trunk left dash parts have water damage, frame rails gone trunk rotted away trunk lid a mess needs all new metal basically. And then some.

Just spoke with ralley on the phone, might figure something out with the bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back