• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 roadrunner

steve maluk

Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
hello all
purchased a 69 roadrunner base / are the fender and quarter side markers just reflectors or did they come from factory with powered lights
thanks

I'm sure some folks can elaborate more here. Side markers became prevalent in '68. By 1970 those side markers became lights. My '55 has no side markers. My '69 has side markers. My '70 & '71 have lighted side markers. DMV safety laws instituted this progression.

Wonder if the law took effect in 71? My 70 Duster does not have lights in the reflectors.

I'm sure some folks can elaborate more here. Side markers became prevalent in '68. By 1970 those side markers became lights. My '55 has no side markers. My '69 has side markers. My '70 & '71 have lighted side markers. DMV safety laws instituted this progression.
68 were lighted.

government regs required lights in '68. Chrysler found some loop hole and used reflectors for '69, and went to lights in '70.

government regs required lights in '68. Chrysler found some loop hole and used reflectors for '69, and went to lights in '70.
Somewhere in the past I must have misunderstood this. All US makes in '68 had side marker lights?

Actually the factory could use lights or reflectors in ‘68-‘69. None of the other American companies put reflectors on, just Chrysler in ‘69. On January 1, 1970, all cars were required to have side marker lights and reflectors.

Easiest way to tell, is to look at your rear harness. It either has provisions for side markers or it does not. I'm betting not.

holy crap what a cluster
i was under the RR and noticed no wires did not know if someone removed or rotted away since car is a re spray / so no lighted side markers thanks
guys / what do you think car was a bronze from factory it is now a banana yellow want to change to burnt orange / cinnamon flat black hood
any thoughts

holy crap what a cluster
i was under the RR and noticed no wires did not know if someone removed or rotted away since car is a re spray / so no lighted side markers thanks
guys / what do you think car was a bronze from factory it is now a banana yellow want to change to burnt orange / cinnamon flat black hood
any thoughts
There is no rear wires under the car.

hello all
purchased a 69 roadrunner base / are the fender and quarter side markers just reflectors or did they come from factory with powered lights
thanks
What's the old saying? This thread is useless without photos? Let's see the bird!

Auto Transport Service
Back