• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR Convert rear window adjustment

chtampa

Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting my back glass to adjust. The brace in the lower left of the picture is the way I installed the parts but it looks like to get the tilt I need the bracket is in backwards. Does anyone have a convertible with that bracket installed that can give me a definite orientation?

conv.JPG

Thank you, that answered my question. I will have to study it more. I hate doing windows.

Needing more assistance:
I am looking for a picture or some info on a convertible quarter glass front channel. I know there is a bend one direction, is there a bow the other direction?

I had trouble with mine took a while to figure out. Wish I remembered I think the problems i encountered was the position of the regulator. Sorry don't remember too much time elapse. Have a service Manuel disk but unable to save pages. The Picture I have shows the front channel is bowed towards the interior, and the channel is facing the outer skin.

Last edited:
Hope this helps

B8865DC2-D5C2-4224-8FF1-192F734D7887.jpeg

Does anyone have a removed quarter window regulator for a 69 convertible laying around? I need a couple measurements. Possible that 67-70 is interchangeable.

Does anyone have a removed quarter window regulator for a 69 convertible laying around? I need a couple measurements. Possible that 67-70 is interchangeable.
Got mine from my 68 out. What do you need?

I found my problem with the tracks. Mine were bent and twisted and I corrected that. They are supposed to be flat. The other issue I want to check before I reassemble is the angles of the "X" part that swivels in the regulator. I need the measurement between the flat part of the metal under the blue roller and the wide part of the regulator arm and another measurement on the other end. Basically I am checking the bends on the swivel part of the "X" to make sure they are correct. If they are off they will pull the window frame in or out. Thanks!

I found my problem with the tracks. Mine were bent and twisted and I corrected that. They are supposed to be flat. The other issue I want to check before I reassemble is the angles of the "X" part that swivels in the regulator. I need the measurement between the flat part of the metal under the blue roller and the wide part of the regulator arm and another measurement on the other end. Basically I am checking the bends on the swivel part of the "X" to make sure they are correct. If they are off they will pull the window frame in or out. Thanks!
Headed to the house now. Standby and i'll get it and get back to you.

I'm glad you understood! I need to make sure the window frame/mount is neutral.

Here are my three measurements. They are taken with the mating surface of the regulator flat on the bench.
DSCN1457.JPG

DSCN1459.JPG

DSCN1466.JPG

DSCN1457.JPG

Yours looks like:
3/8 to bottom
1-7/16 to bottom
1-13/16 to bottom

Mine are
1/2 to bottom
2 to bottom
2-1/2 to bottom

Difference
1/8
9/16
11/16

That would make a difference in the glass position. Did I read your numbers correctly?

I measured them again. The first one is def 3/8. The second one is 1 3/8. The third one, with the blue roller is 1 3/4.
Where the two arms meet, there is a little play.

Auto Transport Service
Back