• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR Hood latch loop where to buy?

BeepBeepRR

Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get a hood latch loop for a 69 road runner? I have been all over the web and cannot find one.

I need one of these as well. I have a 68 on with spacers. Looks like crap, but it holds the hood down. I will likely end up with a used one, if I can find that.
Subscribed

I thought I saw it in my pile of parts but cannot find it. So shopping i will go. Hell I'm not completely sure I know what it looks like. Im sure TonysParts would have it.

Similar, but I believe it is longer for the 69

001.jpg

I have a 68 hood with 69 inserts which is what i was told. I have the piece on the right. Just need the left one. The latch support is original to the car so its 69 so maybe the 69 one will work with the 68 hood.

I have a 68 hood with 69 inserts which is what i was told. I have the piece on the right. Just need the left one. The latch support is original to the car so its 69 so maybe the 69 one will work with the 68 hood.
The part number for the 69 loop is 2935-087 google search ended up with nothing..

I think the previous owner found the one that came from the hood. I may just have to add washers and longer bolts if its the short version.. But im hoping its for the 69. Apparently the 69 had a few one year only specific parts. Like the ignition different than the 68 and 70

I got the striker from the previous owner.. Its for a 68 its too far to the right if you are looking from the front of the car. Also as stated before it doesn't drop down enough or set back far enough. I was under the impression the one he had was a 69. So the search goes on. The one posted above is just like the 68 I have now. Its not the same. 69 car had a few one year only parts. Apparently this is one of them.

OK i searched almost every damn album on here and found a few pictures that show that the latch loop sits back further away from the rear mount point of the loop.

4765942-DSC09979.JPG 20160928_185940 (1).jpg 1a0e8ac50.jpg

You should check with challengersteve on this site. He's down in Arkansas and has access to lots of parts cars. He sells stuff on this site frequently. He might have what you're looking for.

I have a few emails out now to several places. Tonys, Wildcats but there may be a guy somewhat local. I believe hes in Fairmount GA. Which is about 2 hours from me. May have to contact and make a drive. I believe its AMS or something like that.

Alot of NOS stuff sooo it may be pricey http://www.amsnos.com/

I have bought lots of odd / not easy to locate parts from:

Steve's Musclecar Parts
3107 N. Mountain Grove Road
Alma, AR 72921

Office: 479-632-0011
Cell: 479-430-4886

[email protected]

Good Luck!

Darryl Finch in the California desert is a good resource too. Lots of unobtainium.
Phelan. 760 963-7809. Not cheap.

Try moparmarks on this site. I have also found some hard to find parts from Jim Peirce 508-229-2411. He is from Mass and has had a long ad in MCG for many years. Good honest seller.

Auto Transport Service
Back