• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR on Craigslist

I briefly owned a 69 Road Runner 383 auto A/C car that had 3" diamond tucked interior everywhere......seats, door panels, head liner, sun visors......man was that embarrassing. I wish I'd kept it since the stock interior was behind the diamond tuck....oh well.

There was a time when you could buy a mint/used 69 runner for 600-bucks. I bought several, and when they needed an engine or trans...they got scrapped. I guess there aren't too many old guys here, who were really mopar guys back in the day[they'd remember]. Dime a dozen cars, back then. In another 20 years....they will be again. I think it's cool to see something from a long-gone era, that survived. I see rusted out/junk cars on here for sale, that wouldn't be half as good a start for a resto, as this car. Nobody sees them as stupid or a waste of time and money.
i agree,
myself and my friend went thru too many to count down in Nc bitd.
they were just cars that nobody wanted or cared much about.
lotta chevy lovers down there back then.

and 20 years from now,
our cars will again just be some old car that gets crappy gas mileage.
the next gen will be raising Their kids and i suspect very few will be keeping these cars alive....

on this car,this is what a Street Freak Was back then.
kinda cool to see it survived all these years.
be nice to see it dropped back down to road height but keep the day 2 wheels paint and interior.
jmo.

I briefly owned a 69 Road Runner 383 auto A/C car that had 3" diamond tucked interior everywhere......seats, door panels, head liner, sun visors......man was that embarrassing. I wish I'd kept it since the stock interior was behind the diamond tuck....oh well.

Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac
Gangsta whitewalls TV antennas in the back
You may not have a car at all
But remember brothers and sisters
You can still stand tall
Just be thankful for what you've got
Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac
Diamond in the back, sunroof top, diggin' the scene with a gangsta lean
Gangsta whitewalls, TV antennas in the back

I lived through that era and even contemplated doing that at the time. As a previous poster said, it wouldn't take much to get this thing back down. Other than the "lift kit" its seems to be a decent car. It could be a LOT worse ... he could have put ridiculous fender flares on it. That was a trend too !! Twenty years from now people are going to look at the high horsepower pro touring cars and think those are ridiculous !! Trends come and go - suck it up - your mullet has been passe for years.

Only ever recall seeing one and it was a 66' Fairlane, with a four speed 289. The weird part, was they turned the whole axle housing upside down, and welded on new perches. And your right about things coming and going. In the early seventies, spotted a 64' Polara Max Wedge on a used car lot, for fifteen hundred bucks. That was one car I wish I could have bought. But in reality, I think we are the end of the line. Once the libs get back into power, one day they will out law cars over a certain age.

If you turn an axle housing upside down it runs backwards !!!

Of course being a 4-speed car maybe they just drove using reverse and had four "reverse" gears !!

Hey it's a "unique opportunity", why settle for a 440 or an a12 car when you can have this puppy.

I said it before in another post about a Charger . My opinion the car is worth half of the asking price and at half it would be a steal. Assuming it was a truly rust free body with original sheet metal/driveline. You could always get rid of the crap and put back the stock suspension a hell of a lot easier then cutting out floors, wheel wells, panels, rot under car.

Auto Transport Service
Back