• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR Rear shock mount bracket issue..

jimbosride

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:22 AM
Reaction score
After Media blast I came across this. I posted early on the lag bolts on the top but found these with some really bad welds?

Does anyone have a picture of what this is supposed to look like? The guess from a member earlier is that some one pulled it apart with air shock pressure?

Looks like a real hack job. The pictures I found on the form don't have the ears like min? it's not even touching the truck hump metal so it was torn out.

20230725_194345.jpg

20230725_194555.jpg

20230725_153726.jpg

Last edited:
The ears on your crossmember are correct, however it was installed over top of what's left of your original crossmembers welds, I would take the bolts out and grind off the tacks holding the crossmember to the rail. Grind down the original crossmember welds, fix your rail and reinstall the crossmember. The two holes in your second pic are supposed to be spot welds that tie the crossmember to the rail lip. The crossmember doesn't actually touch the trunk floor . as for why it was replaced, its common for fatigue cracks to form on the corners. Also the spot welds sometimes pull and tair away from the rails especially with drag cars, air shocks due to the general poor design

That's good know that the crossmember does not touch the trunk floor... Did know that. Yea I guess I will remove it .... fix the frame and re-weld it correctly. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back