• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR threaded insert for hood stop adjusters ?

Steverino

Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm wondering if anyone has needed to replace these threaded inserts for the front hood stop adjusters ?
And if so, what did you use ? Are they 5/16" x 18 thread ?

my situation is a lift off hood (aftermarket) installed on an orig 383 car, and they located (i.e., drilled) the front pins right where these inserts (look like 5/16" "tee nut") used to be

We'll be refinishing the engine compartment soon, and I'd rather relocate these front pins to the correct location for the lift off hood, so the threaded stop adjusters could be reinstalled at a later point if anyone desires to change back to the original steel hood (which I stlll have)

So I may need to resort to posting a wtb for these (recovered from a pair of old wrecked fenders perhaps ?), but it seems I may be able to match something very close from auveco or such, if I can just be sure of the thread size at least

Thanks

Steve

Auto Transport Service
Back