• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Sport Satellite 383 H Code...how many were made?

Mopar_Maniac

Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I own a 1969 Sport Satellite with a factory 383 4 barrel (H code) with an automatic. I heard they only made 401 H code 4 spd Sport Satellites. Does any one know how many H code automatics were produced? Where's the best place to find this information?

It's also a factory Q5 seafoam turquoise with white interior which makes it already pretty rare I'd say.

Thank you for any info

Per GG's(Galen Govier) Little White Book.....

940......1969 Sport Satellite 383-4bbl automatic 2-door HT

41.........1969 Sport Satellite 383-4bbl automatic convertible

Per GG's(Galen Govier) Little White Book.....

940......1969 Sport Satellite 383-4bbl automatic 2-door HT

41.........1969 Sport Satellite 383-4bbl automatic convertible
That's great. Thank you for that. Is it possible to know how many came in a certain color?

Hey everyone,

I own a 1969 Sport Satellite with a factory 383 4 barrel (H code) with an automatic. I heard they only made 401 H code 4 spd Sport Satellites. Does any one know how many H code automatics were produced? Where's the best place to find this information?

It's also a factory Q5 seafoam turquoise with white interior which makes it already pretty rare I'd say.

Thank you for any info
:xscuseless:

Hey everyone,

Thank you for any info

Greetings and welcome....

A couple of thoughts and clarifications.

Due to the way the cars were recorded, the production numbers in the White Books quoted by Rick are approximations and not hard numbers. So it is accurate to say "There were about/approximately/around 401 383-4bbl RP23H9 four speeds and around/about/approiximatley 940 RP23H9 383-4bbl automatics.

HOWEVER......

This numbers only account for cars shipped for sale in the US. It does not include the cars sent to Canada or counted as Exports.

I see you are in Vancouver. Was your car originally built for sale in Canada? (Look for a B in the VON on the fender tag. See below)

If yes, then your car IS NOT included in those production numbers but would be in addition to the numbers listed. There were, likely, closer to 1,000 automatics and 450 four speeds when you add in the cars for Canada and Export.

RPs are cool cars. They can be considered either a Road Runner with a nicer interior or a GTX with a smaller motor.

69_RP23_E63_D21_F3_226027_LR.jpg

Greetings and welcome....

A couple of thoughts and clarifications.

Due to the way the cars were recorded, the production numbers in the White Books quoted by Rick are approximations and not hard numbers. So it is accurate to say "There were about/approximately/around 401 383-4bbl RP23H9 four speeds and around/about/approiximatley 940 RP23H9 383-4bbl automatics.

HOWEVER......

This numbers only account for cars shipped for sale in the US. It does not include the cars sent to Canada or counted as Exports.

I see you are in Vancouver. Was your car originally built for sale in Canada? (Look for a B in the VON on the fender tag. See below)

If yes, then your car IS NOT included in those production numbers but would be in addition to the numbers listed. There were, likely, closer to 1,000 automatics and 450 four speeds when you add in the cars for Canada and Export.

RPs are cool cars. They can be considered either a Road Runner with a nicer interior or a GTX with a smaller motor.

View attachment 1552788
Interesting. Yes, originally bought new from a Chrslyer dealer 4 hours outside of Vancouver.

69 sport satellite 12 1.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back