• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Super Bee 440 oil dipstick

koosh

Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased or found a FLEXIBLE oil dipstick tube and stick to fit stock 440 with stock oil pan?
Im not having much luck finding, and want to be sure of proper length.
Thanks!

As the last 440 rolled off the production line nearly 50 years ago, options are getting rarer by the day, unfortunately.

Sometimes we have to do some massaging, or tweaking to what we have, or can get, to make it work for our application. A production stick can be carefully modified with a tubing bender or a piece of pipe.

As for length, add the correct amount of oil, fire it up to fill the filter, then let it rest a minute, pull the stick, make a mark, if necessary with a file, or dremel and use that for reference.
Make sure you know the proper capacity for the pan you’re using.
Always works for me. Hope this helps, good luck.

As the last 440 rolled off the production line nearly 50 years ago, options are getting rarer by the day, unfortunately.

Sometimes we have to do some massaging, or tweaking to what we have, or can get, to make it work for our application. A production stick can be carefully modified with a tubing bender or a piece of pipe.

As for length, add the correct amount of oil, fire it up to fill the filter, then let it rest a minute, pull the stick, make a mark, if necessary with a file, or dremel and use that for reference.
Make sure you know the proper capacity for the pan you’re using.
Always works for me. Hope this helps, good luck.
Great advice, but newly installed headers are demanding a "flexible " model

Every bigblock anyone has put headers on needs a flexible dipstick.
1) put on your knee
2) flex it.
They aren't made of glass.

Every bigblock anyone has put headers on needs a flexible dipstick.
1) put on your knee
2) flex it.
They aren't made of glass.
Lol.....tried that, now dipstick wont go all the way in!

[/URL]

Here’s the milodon one. That said, I’ve never needed one on any of the many bb mopars I’ve had with headers. The hooker headers on my last car fit without any problem at all. I can’t remember this detail back further than that. I know I’ve only had a stock one ever.
Yes, saw that one also, thanks.I could probably try a new stock one, however, the clamp bracket half way down, i have no chance accessing because of the headers, so i guess would have to come up with some homemade clamp near the top like that milodon

Maybe you have an aftermarket stick now? I had the factory one with the hookers on a 383 last time and it bolted up to the motor mount ear like normal and had no issues. Could try and weld a new tab higher in the stick?

Holy holy....$100+ for a dip stick!?

Have you checked Summit prices as well.

GTX JOHN has 10% discount codes.............

Maybe you have an aftermarket stick now? I had the factory one with the hookers on a 383 last time and it bolted up to the motor mount ear like normal and had no issues. Could try and weld a new tab higher in the stick?
It LOOKS factory, becuz of my headers, i bent up the tube and clamp to go back to original mount like yours on the motor mount tab, but it pulled it up to high and tube is barely in the block.

I have had good luck with a Mr Gasket stick. Fits headers or manifolds. Bend to shape.

IMG_7672.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back