• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 super bee go wing

Brizzy

Local time
5:04 AM
Reaction score
I'm new here and bought my first mopar recently. I've seen pictures of 68-69 Bee's with the spoiler On the back and I'm kind of fond of that look. I would like to buy one to install and was wondering if any of you had a recommendation? Would a 1970 coronet go wing be my best bet for looks?

Thanks!

technically speaking, the go wing was only available on 1970 A B E bodies, and then a new redesigned gull wing (if you will) for 1971. but its your car ....

i wouldnt put one on a 69.....but if you want one, i got mine from mustangs unlimited for $119.00 ( ebay search go wing ) south park pix 006.jpg and im pretty sure they have them still. youll need under deck brackets...but i doubt the 69's have provisions for the brackets and you have to frankenstein something.

If you want to add something to a 69, how about the side scoops. Those at least could have ordered on that model year.

i wouldnt put one on a 69.....but if you want one, i got mine from mustangs unlimited for $119.00 ( ebay search go wing ) and im pretty sure they have them still. youll need under deck brackets...but i doubt the 69's have provisions for the brackets and you have to frankenstein something.

AH HAH !!! i see the secret is out LOL thats exactly where i got mine .great price, great quality .

I figured I'd catch a little hell for the go wing. I have plenty of time to decide whether I go through with it or not. I do already have the side scoops on the Bee. I'm also aware that they weren't original for the 69. I just think they look pretty hot. My mind is just going nuts with all the possibilities I have with the car. I've dreamed of this car as long as I've known of about it. Here's a picture of a 69 with a go wing.1969_Dodge_Super_Bee_by_aChiLdFoRsAkeN.jpg

i wouldnt put one on a 69.....but if you want one, i got mine from mustangs unlimited for $119.00 ( ebay search go wing )View attachment 102077 and im pretty sure they have them still. youll need under deck brackets...but i doubt the 69's have provisions for the brackets and you have to frankenstein something.

I think the go wing's look good on about any mopar. Im putting one on my car, but all this time, i thought i was going to be one of the only ones around with a mustang one. Im sure i will catch some flak from the local mopar guys, already am for putting a pistol grip in it.

I think the go wing's look good on about any mopar. Im putting one on my car, but all this time, i thought i was going to be one of the only ones around with a mustang one. Im sure i will catch some flak from the local mopar guys, already am for putting a pistol grip in it.
this is from mustangs unlimited. cant beat the price. the only difference is the distance between the pedestals. if IRRC , one is 36 and one is 34 1/2 , i dont recall which was which. of course my duster didnt come with one from the factory anyway, so it didnt make any difference to me

Attachments

• d222.jpg
    d222.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 663
So i bought the go wing itself from a swap meet with no pedestals. he claims it to be an original 69 and not a repop. Any way to tell a difference? I can get pedestals(install kit) pretty reasonably. Assuming order for a 69 as they are taller then the 70 mustang ones?

So i bought the go wing itself from a swap meet with no pedestals. he claims it to be an original 69 and not a repop. Any way to tell a difference? I can get pedestals(install kit) pretty reasonably. Assuming order for a 69 as they are taller then the 70 mustang ones?
i dont recall , but i think the originals actually have a penestar and a part number on them. check out year one for info, i think thats where i read that. they are also 400 bucks or something close plus shipping , hence the reason i went somewhere else

these wings are not strictly ford...or mopar.....both makes came with them. its like the magnum 500 wheels....alot of makers had them.

these wings are not strictly ford...or mopar.....both makes came with them. its like the magnum 500 wheels....alot of makers had them.

I have noticed the pedestal mounts, where the spoiler actually mounts to the pedestals is the biggest difference. I went to order ones for the mopar go wing and wont work, have to be for a mustang. Other then that, I would agree, they are pretty much the same thing.
Mainly was curious to know how to tell the difference in re pop or original.. someone told me one is hollow, one is solid? not sure. there are no stampings or numbers on it so it makes me believe that it is a re pop.

View attachment 102335I installed this on on my R/T in the 80's. still on there. I would not put one on now. But to each their own! I do like them on a 69's but tired of it now and have to weld and paint to remove it. I am too lazy to do it right now!! LOL! but they look original like. even most mopar guys don't know there not 70 & up.

I installed this on on my R/T in the 80's. still on there. I would not put one on now. But to each their own! I do like them on a 69's but tired of it now and have to weld and paint to remove it. I am too lazy to do it right now!! LOL! but they look original like. even most mopar guys don't know there not 70 & up.

did you chrome the marker light housing? i like the stripe delete R/T badge with the stripe !

Yes I chromed the ML housings. thought the emblem was cool also. I painted the stripe on and cleared it twice, now there is no edge. all was done in the 80's. Thanks for the compliment.

Auto Transport Service
Back