• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 Super Bee modifications

Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
My 440 developed compression issues and I took awhile to determine which direction I'd take- a simple rebuild, or a stroker. I finally decided on a 522. I've entered a whole new world and have had to plan accordingly- safety bellhousing, sub frame connectors, torque boxes, torque strap, etc.

I was pretty happy with the dyno numbers- 537 hp @ 5300 rpm and 640 fpt @ 3600 rpm.

Some subtle mods are in the spirit of an A12 Super Bee, but I don't intend for this to be a clone. The steel wheels are larger in the rear, hood scoop won't say "Six Pack" because I'm running a 4bbl. There are some other small touches here and there.

I've been taking pictures of progress along the way. Hope you B body fans enjoy.

http://public.fotki.com/69440/super-bee-modifications/

IMG_0198-vi.jpg

I still have the original, numbers matching 383 on an engine stand. Three engines for one car. Unreal!

Very nice car, you will definitely have fun with it when it is done. I am all to familiar with modifications.
DSCN0168.jpg

Damn 537 horses!!! This will be one helluva car!
Do you want to share the specs on the engine?

Thanks, guys. Learning a lot along the way as I've never really had a car that was too built, just stock. I'm amazed at how patient I've been!

Auto Transport Service
Back