• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Superbee Hemi Orange white tail stripe

I am going to start a new thread as well. I just don't see me finding the time to finish my 69 Superbee. It's about 80% done. Drive train in it. All glass is in. I need someone to
1)Install new engine wiring harness (new color correct my year one)
2)Install dash harness (Color correct from year one) and dash with restored gauge cluster (From Redline in CA)
3)install All duct work and steering column (Already restored) 4) Install new ignition system (All new)
5) Finish front brake lines (I have all of SS tubing)
6) Install all clutch linkage (pedals are in as well as the 4 speed trans) and
7) Fire the car up.

I have been too busy building my daughter house and I'd like to get the car done ASAP. I'd pay a flat fee plus any parts needed. You must have expertise in B bodies with references. Prefer someone in MD but would consider DE, VA or PA.

I wish you the best Rusty and hope you do get the help you need! Its been a good haul for you and you deserve it getting finished....

IMG_7397.jpgIMG_7398.jpgSo I dragged the dash inside the house today. Started scrubbing it with soap and water. There is some minor surface rust
on the back side, but not bad at all. I wiped it down and will hit it with POR 15.

Question, the metal parts of the dash are of driver quality, but I want it to look new. What paint should I paint the met top and front with?

Also what should I do to restore the rubber dash pad on the front and top. Its "ok" but not what I want for a rotisserie resto. The pads themselves are in great shape. Just a little discoloration. Are they paint or dye-able? I want something which wont wear away. Thoughts and or direction appreciated.

I also got my 3 speed wiper motor back from Kim last week from Passion 4 Mopars. Nice work Kim.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why pictures keep uploading sideways.. Grrrr

There are some good threads on this in the interior section. I used SEM semi-gloss in a rattle can to paint my dash frame and pad. Use SEM for the pad and be sure to get all the old wax, silicon, Armorall, etc. off with a good wash and vinyl SEM prep.

Dash

Dash complete-
-M&H Wire Harness
-Gauges restored by Redline
-Dash pads by me
-Dash plastic bezels and trim by (PG Classics)

And Yes - It was built right on that couch (After painting the frame and dying the dash out in the garage)

IMG_7491.jpgIMG_7490.jpgIMG_7492.jpgIMG_7493.jpg

yes - Landau... The Midnight was too flat. So I just scuffed the Midnight and hit it a second coat of Landau. It really turned out nice if you follow the prep directions. You can not tell at all.

Most folks go with Landau black. Landau is a bit shinier than factory flat black but it looks better.

Dash looks great

Your dash came out spectacular. I repainted my dash frame with John Deere Blitz Black - nice matte finish. Used SEM Landau Black on the vinyl and plastics (bought a new upper dash pad). I think the Landau is a great looking black. The soft vinyl pieces took the dye and seem to be holding onto it very well. The hard plastics like the A frame covers and kick panels, which also look really good, scratch easy. I went to black from original saddle tan and while in storage waiting for the eventual rebuild they got knocked around and the scratches went down to the tan. And I probably sprayed 10 coats on each piece, went through countless cans. I washed with TSP, prepped with plastic cleaner, scuffed with red scotchbrite, applied spray adhesion. I think the hard plastics don't grab the dye as well as the vinyls.

Dash complete-
-M&H Wire Harness
-Gauges restored by Redline
-Dash pads by me
-Dash plastic bezels and trim by (PG Classics)
I could look at this all day. Sweet. I want mine to look like that! Great job.

And Yes - It was built right on that couch (After painting the frame and dying the dash out in the garage)

View attachment 244367View attachment 244366View attachment 244368View attachment 244369
Sweet. I could l look at this all day. Wish mine looked like this. Great work.

Progress - Accurate Exhaust hung, Dash in, Clutch/Shifter linkage...Seats are done. Headliner and carpet this week hopefully.
April 2015 -

Attachments

• IMG_7954.JPG
    IMG_7954.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_7958.JPG
    IMG_7958.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_7962.JPG
    IMG_7962.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_7955.JPG
    IMG_7955.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_7965.JPG
    IMG_7965.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 336
Looks absolutely fantastic! Nothing like getting some major parts installed!

Hawk

That's going to be one great car!

The stock exhaust clamps leak. I used stainless band clamps from Dynomax. They are the butt joint type like these:

312O3hNGXIL.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back