• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Superbee Hemi Orange white tail stripe

Great pictures! Cant wait to see it together good shes home, good luck!

Wow, that's some nice paint and I like how nice and clean the fender coating came out (no overspray).

Some more progress Sunday Nov 11, 2013

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 671
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 658
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 651
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 659
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 682
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 673
A little more progress. Upper and lowers, front strut rods and spindles. Almost a roller.
Thanks to 68Chicken for his help today!!!

The white stuff is polish which wipes off.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 610
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 603
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 599
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 611
rusty looks like she's getting really close to be a roller ... keep it up, looks great

Well - it went back to the paint shop about a month ago for some fine tuning. He ended up re-clearing everything, wet sanded and buffed it. It's as smooth as melted butter now. As soon as the weather breaks I will roll her outside in the sun and snap a few. Hope the tail lights and stripe go on the first sunny day.

Attachments

• Super Bee1 March 2014.jpg
    Super Bee1 March 2014.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 565
  • Superbee2 March 2014.jpg
    Superbee2 March 2014.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 565
  • Superbee3 March 2014.jpg
    Superbee3 March 2014.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 531
That is looking killer, keep up the good work.

Wow, I could go out there after working on it all day and stare at it like watching TV! Very nice man...

sweet car and my favorite color also.i missed out on one just like that in the 70's tried buying it for the whole summer with no luck ,it had a blown motor and was sitting in a barn near a apple orchard that I was working in , well eventually it ended up at the salvage yard on a rollback and I stopped and asked robin lake the owner of the junk yard were he got it from and when he told me I said I been trying to buy that car all summer and asked him if he would sell it to me ,he said he paid 500 bucks for it and was gonna stick a 383 in it and resell it way out of my 17 year old price range ,,im still mad at eddy flowers for not selling it to me and instead selling it to the junk yard

I installed the power steering gear box today. I also installed the door rubbers around the door itself, trunk rubber and the trunk lid. One of the damn trunk hinges popped off because the clips were not on the stud which goes through the hinge itself. Oddly enough the hinge that slipped off didn't sustain any damage, but the opposite side, the hinge put 2 dings inside the trunk lid sleeve upwards. They are about 1/8" dings and one just barely cracked the paint. My paint guy is a magician and certain he will be about to take car of it. You have to really hunt for them, but I see them. Grrrr. I'm sure that's just the fist of several chips/mess ups, I will have. I am also ordering one of these.

http://www.autofenderbib.com/

Ohh.. I painted the cast tailing housing in cast spray. Man they look nice. I also painted the lens housing. It was pouring all day, so I couldn't do them outside and I sure as heck wasn't going to do it in the garage near the Bee, so my shed became a paint booth.

Last edited:
Just got the tail light bezels back from Hanlon Chroming. It's the old style chroming (forgot the name). So I installed them on the freshly painted tail light housings.

Me and my Sweety polished, then taped and painted the finish panel on Easter Sunday between her cooking phases. Screws to remain natural or painted black? I cant remember.

Attachments

• 69Bee Finish Panel 2.jpg
    69Bee Finish Panel 2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 448
  • 69Bee finish panel.jpg
    69Bee finish panel.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 465
  • 69Bee Finish Panel1.jpg
    69Bee Finish Panel1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 450
looks great. pretty sure the screws would be black so they blend in.

Auto Transport Service
Back