• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Superbee Vinyl Top Trim Placement

69 hemibee

Local time
12:58 PM
Reaction score
Mocking up my trim and want to make sure I get it right. I'm trying to see if anyone has any close-up shots of how the half-round window chrome trim goes on. Does it go over or under the drip rail molding? Does the vinyl top trim for the quarter mate directly up to the half-loop or is there a gap? Here are a few pictures to help explain what I need. I also need the correct screws too. Thanks for the help!

20220202_123442.jpg 20220202_123439.jpg 20220202_123305.jpg

Don't have a vinyl top, but the 1/2 curl should have gone in before the roof rail trim was put in place and the drip trim goes over top of the curl.
beerestoration2019 2525.JPG

ap119f.jpg

You may want to check the pieces you have. They look shorter and a different shape. I think the RR are different due to the longer window but don't quote me on it.

This piece goes under the drip rail trim. The correct screw is the same as the ones that hold on the wheel opening molding. And, don't be surprised if the right side doesn't fit as well as the left (more play end to end). Consistent problem I have seen over the years with 1969 Coronets.

I hope this helps.

D

PXL_20220203_013611162.jpg

.. and YES as Big D just pointed out... I'm sad to inform you that you have Plymouth trim curls, not Dodge.

.. and YES as Big D just pointed out... I'm sad to inform you that you have Plymouth trim curls, not Dodge.
Well that's a bummer but you learn stuff everyday in this hobbies. I did a brief search online and couldn't find the 1/2 curls. I assume those are no repopped? If not ill start a WTB thread.

Auto Transport Service
Back