• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69RTSE

Check out this video, especially at the 2:00-3:00 mark. Also notice that the stripe does not come straight down the quarter panel. Rather, it follows the angle of the bumper cutout while also being centered on the marker reflector.

Great video. The quarter panel sections are correct. If you notice the stripe across the hood is straight, 3 parallel lines from left quarter to right quarter. This is correct. Phoenix Graphix has be sending the wrong kits for 69 Chargers. They are now aware of the problem.

Great video. The quarter panel sections are correct. If you notice the stripe across the hood is straight, 3 parallel lines from left quarter to right quarter. This is correct. Phoenix Graphix has be sending the wrong kits for 69 Chargers. They are now aware of the problem.
If you think that stripe goes straight across that trunk lid you'd better watch that video another dozen times...

Here are three pics of the 69 RT which correct stripe. They are straight across the trunk lid.

The stripe which is not correct for this car come to a point mid trunk lid.

View attachment 1407160

View attachment 1407161

View attachment 1407162
Will take your word for it that those stripes are straight because you can't tell from those photos. If they are, my two cents worth is they are incorrect.

My research shows that 68, 69 & 70 Chargers all have the chevron (^) shaped stripes. Do we now have consensus on this (agree or disagree)?

1968-charger-tail-stripe.jpg

1969-charger-tail-stripe 2.jpg

1970-charger-tail-stripe.jpg

I just hope that Phoenix didn't actually change the stripe to satisify his incorrectness. That would then make two in their inventory they have wrong.... :poke:

I don't own a Charger but even I know that stripe follows the body contour ON CHARGERS. And my OEM knowledge pales in comparison to some of you!
Check out this video, especially at the 2:00-3:00 mark. Also notice that the stripe does not come straight down the quarter panel. Rather, it follows the angle of the bumper cutout while also being centered on the marker reflector.

In the video, just before the 2:00 mark it "appears" that the stripe is straight....(briefly..an optical illusion) and then as the camera pans over it you can clearly see the shape. Oh well...you guys did your best!

I just hope that Phoenix didn't actually change the stripe to satisify his incorrectness. That would then make two in their inventory they have wrong.... :poke:
Seriously doubt they would do that. Remember they still have the clocking of the Bee off kilter on their 1969 Bee stripe.

Last edited:
The OP hasn't been heard from for a week & a half. I guess he just wanted to tell the world about how wrong we all are with his stripe.

Last edited:
Great Video & info RC, Dadsbee, KernDog, Hunt2elk etc.
glad we have people like you here

some are just too stubborn to listen/learn or misinformed,
trying to justify what's wrong
facepalm & headshake -greatest man-.gif

Correct stripe for Charger RT in 69 is straight acrros the trunk lid. I posted on the Phoenix Graphic mix up.

My 1969 RT SE has a straight gloss black stripe with the cutout for R/T. Mine is correct for 69. As original owner i can attest to it. 440 Magnum Super Track Pak car

Wasn’t this your dad’s car? If you are so adamant that it’s supposed to be a straight stripe, are you sure it’s a Charger and not a Coronet?

Wasn’t this your dad’s car? If you are so adamant that it’s supposed to be a straight stripe, are you sure it’s a Charger and not a Coronet?
It's simple... he has the wrong stripe on his car, he doesn't want to change his to the right one, so he's trying to convince everyone with the right one into changing theirs to the wrong one so that his will look like the right one.

I believe he was asked to post pictures of the car/stripe and he still hasn't come across with one.

he has the wrong stripe on his car, he doesn't want to change his to the right one
They actually installed the correct stripe on his car, he's not happy and wants someone else to pay to remove it and install a straight stripe that he's adamant is correct....

Auto Transport Service
Back