• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69RTSE

ldbjr138

Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Phoenix Graphix has distributed incorrect 1969 Bumble Stripe Kits to Classic and is selling it direct as well. OEM 69 Charger RT stripe is parallel, straight across the trunk lid.
The new crap design has a gull wing, check mark point across all three stripe lines and is totally wrong.

I paid over $300 to have the thing installed assuming it was correct and not seeing it until it was too late. $119 plus $300 down the drain.

I am currently having year one pull one of theirs from inventory to inspect their $138 kit.

update to follow.

69RTSE

Phoenix Graphix has distributed incorrect 1969 Bumble Stripe Kits to Classic and is selling it direct as well. OEM 69 Charger RT stripe is parallel, straight across the trunk lid.
The new crap design has a gull wing, check mark point across all three stripe lines and is totally wrong.

I paid over $300 to have the thing installed assuming it was correct and not seeing it until it was too late. $119 plus $300 down the drain.

I am currently having year one pull one of theirs from inventory to inspect their $138 kit.

update to follow.

69RTSE
The stripes on Chargers follow the curvature of the back edge of the trunklid. They don't on Darts,Coronet R/Ts and Superbees,

update to follow.

69RTSE
love to see a pic

Chargers are babe magnets,I mean they babes literally stick to them!

O6QNulB.jpg

Last edited:
$300 to put the decal kit on? What am I missing here? I guess the do it yourself method we have used is too simple and easy?

update to follow.

69RTSE
News update: As of last night Phoenix Graphix has identified the source of the mixup with the stripes and is working to correct it. If you need a 69 Charger RT stripe ask for Chris.

You’re not going to show a picture of the “incorrect” stripe? Here’s the contour that the stripe is supposed to have across the deck lid….
534C97EF-6E75-4D5F-87C1-401F0BADDC8F.jpeg

Check out this video, especially at the 2:00-3:00 mark. Also notice that the stripe does not come straight down the quarter panel. Rather, it follows the angle of the bumper cutout while also being centered on the marker reflector.

Here are three pics of the 69 RT which correct stripe. They are straight across the trunk lid.

The stripe which is not correct for this car come to a point mid trunk lid.

IMG-1488.jpg

IMG-1490.jpg

IMG-1487.jpg

The stripes on Chargers follow the curvature of the back edge of the trunklid. They don't on Darts,Coronet R/Ts and Superbees,
R T 10.jpg
R T 9 F.jpg

This is a 1969 stripe on my '70. I wanted the R/T cutout instead of the blank that the '70 models used.

It sounds like he has gotten Phoenix Graphix to change the stripes for Chargers to go straight across the trunklid instead of following the curve of the trunklid like the factory did, so now everyone who orders a stripe kit from them will be getting incorrect stripes.

Nice 69 R/T S.E. I love R/T S.E.'s. Mine is a 70' R/T S.E. though. My stripe was painted on before my ownership in the 80's but they did do it correctly, it follows the trunk edge.

70RTSE11 [640x480-2].jpg

That Charger still looks great,you would never know that it was done that long ago!

Auto Transport Service
Back