• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7 Blade vs 5 Blade Fan

Hmm...did not hear that...had heard 50/50 should improve (lower) temp. This is disappointing to hear but will let ya know.

Motor was totally redone, block boiled, complete machining block/heads new pistons, rods, bearings, HP pump, etc. etc, headers, 3" exhaust, X pipe...radiator was boiled, flushed, checked...you name it. What's been mentioned is the stock radiator with 4 blade fan and no shroud is too wimpy now for the higher HP/compression; but before thinking on another radiator, some are saying they've done fine with a 5 or 7 fan and shroud.

Is this just an idle problem or does it get hot on the open road too (mine is the both)?

For mine it was on the road seemed like it could idle all day and not over heat...well had let it idle for about half hour and stayed pretty cool with the old setup. Motor was bored .60 and with the build out machining, porting, a bit hotter cam, mech lifters, some larger components, headers, bigger valves, etc etc added some 75 horses so original system obviously couldn't handle it. And the shop that charged me well over 5 figures didn't figure anything on cooling capacity at all...go figure.

I am deep in the throws to prove or disprove that the crap aftermarket water pumps are junk. I just put the correct NOS waterpump on mine after the GMB crapped out after all of 5 months. I see a lot of reasons why it should work better but I need some hot days without rain to know for sure. It is all in the flow rate and the GMB impeller design I think is not good.

Jim I looked at 2 68's with a/c at the Mopar Nats and neither had a decal at rt.side of core support( but no owner available to talk to either).

Jim I looked at 2 68's with a/c at the Mopar Nats and neither had a decal at rt.side of core support( but no owner available to talk to either).
Thanks for thinking of me. I am kicking myself for not getting better photos. I figured this was just standard equipment.

Auto Transport Service
Back