• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 B body door glass channel seal

wwheel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:05 PM
Reaction score
I almost hate to ask, but I need a good YouTube or pics for preparing the door glass channel seal. There should be lots out there on this, but I cannot seem to find much of anything useful. These are pricey and don't want to screw them up. I know I need to punch holes for the guides, just curious how the plastic guides fit on the seal. It also looks like you need to cut a portion of the seal at the hinge to clear screws and the top vent seal.

Thank you

Thank you for the replies. I got snowed under end of week and will look at this weekend. Starting to make more sense now. One thing that keeps coming up is that the new plastic guides are too tight and need to be modified. Anybody know specifically what area needs to be relived in order to keep it more like the factory? BTW, I do have the curved mylar fuzzy strip.
Thanks

The latest offering of slider H's and mylars have been corrected fairly well. If you just bought them they should work.. If not they need adjusting. My Bee resto shows the difference between OE and the old reproductions.

Yes bought them about a year ago. Problem is I don't have the old ones to compare to. Never had them. I will do a mock up and see how it fits. If they weren't so expensive, I would just try one and see what happens. It sounds like you need to get it right or it can be a tight fit.

Thanks.

Yes bought them about a year ago. Problem is I don't have the old ones to compare to. Never had them. I will do a mock up and see how it fits. If they weren't so expensive, I would just try one and see what happens. It sounds like you need to get it right or it can be a tight fit.

Thanks.
please post pics to help other members.

Auto Transport Service
Back