• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 B body Rallye Gauge Cluster

Steve - aren't those switches crimped together? How do you recrimp them?
Yes, each one is crimped in certain locations. I made specific tools, jigs and clamps which allows for accurate spreading and clamping of each switch body. It takes patience and finesse:)

I see and hear the phrase often and it doesn't make sense to me. Thank you.

Yeah I know that phrase gets over used, to me it mean basically what you see it what it is or perhaps put another way, there are no details I can add that you cannot see. I haven't tested the gauges, I don't know what car it came out of, I cannot say "worked when removed", or anything else. What I have is a rally cluster out of a 68 Charger that has a tach, nothing more.

Yeah I know that phrase gets over used, to me it mean basically what you see it what it is or perhaps put another way, there are no details I can add that you cannot see. I haven't tested the gauges, I don't know what car it came out of, I cannot say "worked when removed", or anything else. What I have is a rally cluster out of a 68 Charger that has a tach, nothing more.
Yeah, it is still valuable though. Good luck with it.

Thanks, I know I am not going to use it in the car, but I do need it for mock up, so I will look to sell it at some point

Just for the heck of it, what does "It is what it is" mean?
Interesting...the original post was to show the beautiful 68-70 gauge clusters being restored and now its a post to critique quotes. I guess "it is what it is"!

The nature of a forum... LOL always takes sideways turns... its all good.

Steve - you do some great work and I really applaud your ingenuity and passion to the point where you have built specialty tools and methods. I am going to be needed switches at a minimum for my car. I have not decided what direction I want to take just yet for the instrument cluster, I am not going to just stab gauges into a flat plate, thats for sure. I want a stock like look but intend to use AM gauges or I might give up and go with the DD setup (kind of the same price regardless). I am not going to chop up the cluster I have, I may use it for measurements but I don't intend to damage it. I will probably test the gauges to see what works and what doesn't and will clean it up some.

Quarantine:)
Time for some 68-70 B body Rallye Gauge Cluster restorations! I have been collecting Mopar parts for 40 years and have thousands of gauge cluster pieces. Organization and cleanliness is my moto! Better get off
here and get to work! View attachment 950457 View attachment 950458
Hi Steve all your stuff looks great, was wondering if you sell individual parts, specifically for a tic tic tach I need a clock adjustment stem as the threads are stripped on mine so unable to mount the knob, also need a clock face because the little tabs are all broken off, apparently someone has taken this apart before, I would also be interested in just the clock that goes with the tach, I have searched far and wide for individual parts with no luck, trying to avoid the 400 dollar outlay for a new unit if possible as my clock and tach both work fine, also I'm not a fan of the quartz movements, Anyway I figured doesn't hurt to ask
Cheers
Eric

Hi Steve all your stuff looks great, was wondering if you sell individual parts, specifically for a tic tic tach I need a clock adjustment stem as the threads are stripped on mine so unable to mount the knob, also need a clock face because the little tabs are all broken off, apparently someone has taken this apart before, I would also be interested in just the clock that goes with the tach, I have searched far and wide for individual parts with no luck, trying to avoid the 400 dollar outlay for a new unit if possible as my clock and tach both work fine, also I'm not a fan of the quartz movements, Anyway I figured doesn't hurt to ask
Cheers
Eric
Hello Eric, I do have the clock adjustment stem, however, only have the complete clocks with faceplates that are mates to the tachs. I perform complete restorations on the tic toc tachs using new upgraded circuit boards to handle the HEI/electronic ignition as well as quarts upgrades. I am like you in that the original clocks are way better than quartz, however, the minimal draw on your battery is a positive. You may have better luck contacting other gauge restoration companies for parts and service. Thank you, Steve

Thanks for the quick reply Steve
How much for just the stem? And how much for the complete clock that mates to my tac or does the stem come on the clock? And how do I go about purchasing?
As I said both work fine so I didn't really want a full resto
Eric

Auto Transport Service
Back