• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 B Body Rear Glass

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know a manufacturer of the rear glass for a 70 B-Body? Having trouble locating glass here in AZ. I hear 2/3 recently folded but I don’t have any solid info.

Isn't AMD rear glass well known for not fitting for $hit?

Yeah, I have been storing two used 68-70 rear windshields for years. Listed a few times for sale at $150. But nobody ever been local enough to pick up. You would have to build a good crate or very sturdy box and then try to ship. (Probably cost more than the glass to crate and ship it.)

did not know this. My bad.
Hey, they may have fixed it by now. But seeing I was told "They were fine" in 2017 "as they'd fixed the shape issue" and I had to send mine back, I doubt they've done anything about it. Was never convinced the one Justin put in the X from ECS was the correct shape either. I should have looked at it closer when I was at the Gilmore Museum.
talladegaorbust2019 297.JPG

I put an AMD rear glass in a 1969 a couple months ago……it fits fine, but as said before, contours are off. I had looked for a OE for a while and couldn’t find a tinted one anywhere. It’s the best option we have for now. Wouldn’t be too hard or costly to switch out later if you ever did find an OE, but that may take years

Oh crap really guys? When you say the wrong shape like what does that mean? That implies fitment. But if it fits ok is it just the contour is not prototypical? Does anyone have a pic of an AMD unit in their car?
Who made the molds? Is there only one manufacturer?

Are you looking for tinted or clear? I have a clear that maybe could be buffed out? I don’t know, never removed glass scratches before, but it definitely has some

Are you looking for tinted or clear? I have a clear that maybe could be buffed out? I don’t know, never removed glass scratches before, but it definitely has some
Thanks. Definitely not going to be buffing old glass. Learned not to do that here on the forum lolζ

The profile is so wrong it looks like a windshield coming at you.

Like many things discussed here, it's well covered in my restoration thread...

1969 Dodge Super Bee Coupe Restoration

And there's nothing wrong with buffing glass, it just takes a LOT of time and effort when it's the only "correct" solution!

The profile is so wrong it looks like a windshield coming at you.

Like many things discussed here, it's well covered in my restoration thread...

1969 Dodge Super Bee Coupe Restoration

And there's nothing wrong with buffing glass, it just takes a LOT of time and effort when it's the only "correct" solution!
Um your the cat I learned not to buff the glass from lol. How can the glass fit, be “approved” by Mopar and be utterly wrong? Still would like to see one in someone’s vehicle..

Who actually makes the glass/molds?

Um your the cat I learned not to buff the glass from lol. How can the glass fit, be “approved” by Mopar and be utterly wrong? Still would like to see one in someone’s vehicle..
All you had to do is click the link and you'd see it on a car... bulging out like a Walleye's eye...

All you had to do is click the link and you'd see it on a car... bulging out like a Walleye's eye...
Lol I am old and blind. Now I see it there. I guess for me it’ll be fine. What made you think that AMD or whoever in Taiwan was going to remake the mold?

Your AMD sticker says otherwise…Made in Taiwan

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back