• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Bee optional Right Hand mirror dimensions. G31 code

toolmanmike

Henchman #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
Anybody out there have a 70 Bee or Coronet with the G31 optional RH mirror? I could use the dimensions from the door edge to the front of the mirror base. How much different are the measurements between the drivers side and the passengers side? Thanks tmm

Same as driver side !

Can I get some conformation on this before I drill the holes? Its the same as the driver side? Also do you guys do nutserts for the mirror like e-bodies or just screw into the metal like the drivers side?

I think it's set back slightly because of the vent window frame.

I could be wrong though.

I have a 67 wagon with factory pass side mirror and they are the same.

I know 66/67 and 68-70 are different, but this board is the only place I've ever heard any talk of them being different.

66-70 B body mirrors mount totally different than E and 71-74 B.

Right through the metal for the rear screw. Front mount is a larger stud.

My 73 Satellite has a loose plate on the inside that the mirror screws to.

Looks like an E body mirror but isn't.

Thanks, i'm just surprised nobody on here has a 68-70 b-body with a factory passenger mirror.

Be careful. When mounting mine, I used what I thought were factory guides. No. Wing bumps mirror when opening. Leave it off, it is mostly useless anyway and your car will have less holes in it.

Sometime during 68-70 the mirrors moved back a couple inches so that instead of looking through the vent wing, as in 66/67, you were looking through the door glass.
IMO a minor improvement in visibility, but a much worse head turn for line of sight to the mirrors.

If your driver's mirror doesn't get hit by the wing...and you match that for the pass side...then the pass side shouldn't get hit.

...and to clarify what I said earlier- I've never heard of mounting locations being different left to right anywhere else.

...and...and I'll tell you what...NOT having a pass side mirror in todays idiot circus traffic SUCKS.

To improve visibility of the passenger mirror, insert a convex mirror. Find a glass place to cut down a large convex truck mirror, then use silicone glue. I have done this on several cars and it works great. :cool:

Customer wants a passenger mirror installed and I already have a new one, just need to know where to put it.

Sorry for delay. I was traveling on business. I can get this done tomorrow AM.

19.5" on both sides. Edge of door to base of mirror.

Last edited:
image.jpgimage.jpg NOT factory. I drilled through to a factory welded nut inside the door and this is the result. Talk the customer out of it. It pitted up in a few years too.

If your wing is hitting like that...it's NOT right.

19.5 was the ticket, it fits perfect and matches the other side and the vent window doesn't hit it.

First picture is the drivers side mirror installed on Lynch Road on May 26, 1969. The second is the recently replaced passenger side mirror. Already starting to pit. Junk.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but related question.

Is a passenger side mirror that matches the driverside (factory installed) mirror, correct for this car?

I have two 68 Chargers; one with dual manual mirrors and one with the LH remote mirror and a matching RH mirror and the passenger mirror is in the same location as the LH mirror.

85A72475-D5A9-4C6F-82F0-E0EC0CB11BF2.jpeg

BA2DE50C-672E-4269-A8E3-46772F9375E0.jpeg

042038CE-09C8-4C9B-9D68-05A22EB83CCC.jpeg

706DFA5C-145A-4D66-906A-7A4CD3CFBBE4.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back