• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 70 Charger R/T Daytona stock car project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dropped off the 472 Hemi engine at the machine shop on 12 28 2018,and it's still just a bare block sitting on the floor. It kind of derailed the project. I would like nothing more than to finish the car. I may still do it, it doesn't sell.

I modified a factory 26 inch radiator support to fit between the framerails. By doing this I was able to bolt up the nosecone assembly just like the factory did on the wing cars. I bought two factory upper inner fenders from an Fbbo member who was cutting up a car,and modified them so I can bolt the fenders and hood hinges on in the factory location. Someone had started to fabricate a square tube framework for this,but since the whole Daytona nosecone assembly depends upon the radiator support to attach it to the car,I decided that it was better not to reinvent the wheel so to speak, and the stamped sheetmetal radiator support and upper inner fenders fit perfectly with minimal modifications and weigh less than the square tube, it considered this a win win all the way around.

Pics
20180405_185135.jpg
20180413_145343.jpg
20180413_154212.jpg
20180420_161254.jpg

I modified a pair of factory hood hinges to fit inside the crash bars. Because the springs had to be removed, I had planned to use a prop rod to hold the hood open when necessary.
20180420_161004.jpg
20180420_161143.jpg
20180420_161156.jpg
20180420_161232.jpg

When I bought the car, a previous owner had modified the window channel in the rear window plug to accept a modern flush mounted rear window. I have had a new rear window plug made for the car that will put the glass back to the factory window channel depth. I had planned on running a lexan rear window and fabricating a one piece aluminum window molding that would include the Nascar style straps that would bolt in with stainless steel Allen head screws. I planned to use plugs in the lexan window that could be removed to be able to use the speed wrench so the rear suspension can be adjusted and the plugs can be replaced when the adjustment is done. I don't have the new window plug in hand yet,but was told that it is completed and it will be included with the car to the buyer.

These are the headlight buckets and pivots with the vacuum actuators. They are all steel just like the original Daytona headlight assemblies were.
20180729_121352.jpg
20180729_121401.jpg
20180729_121406.jpg
20180729_121417.jpg

I have a new cast aluminum reproduction wing that is all ready to install,that I would include with the car for $47,500. I will try to get pics of the wing today.

I have A pillar wind deflectors, and new AMD rain gutters. The rain gutters were shaved off, but I was going to put new ones back on the car so I can put the wind deflectors on the A pillars.
20210811_064026.jpg

The parts included with the car include a hydrolic throw out bearing kit for the tremic transmission,a race pedal setup with separate master cylinders,an e body pistol grip shifter handle that's brand new and many more parts.

As I said before I would consider running and driving second generation Charger trades,maybe a 70 Superbee,or Coronet R/T. Cars of equal or lesser value,plus cash considered.

I am probably going to put the car on Ebay, but I wanted to offer it to FBBO members first.

I would love to own this car but can't afford it! I wish you the best of luck be careful with ebay

It is a really cool project,I am going to see the engine builder and see if he made any progress this week.

Still for sale Chargervert?
I would love to trade your wonderful Daytona project for my 1969 Charger 500, but it’s in bits at the moment...
Good luck with the sale from PJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back