• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger RT in OK

I have never been able to afford just dropping mega $$$$$$$$$ into a toy and if I did I would never be able to sleep at night.
I have always enjoyed the hunt, the build, the ride..and cars would come and go. I could never afford to go broke playing with my hobby. So I buy a good project for what I think its worth to me, and do all the work, and when it is time for it to go to a new home I better get my $ back out. I might work for free but that is ok. Thats how I roll and have all these decades.

I have made money on a few cars but lost my *** on most of those I have sold over the years. I seriously doubt I will make money on my 71 Charger, 70 Roadrunner, 70 Challenger or my 73 Cuda. I might make a little on my 68 Cuda FB if I sold it as it sits but it would be cheap as it needs quite a bit of work.

I am now looking at doing more "field fresh" builds beginning with my Charger, the drive train and suspension would be solid, the interior, engine compartment and trunk would be nice but the outside would multi colored and patina'd. While this probably doesnt appeal to many in my mind I would drive more as I don't have to worry about scratches, chips, etc.

I will put the performance of any 67 and earlier B body with a 383 and 3:54 gears up against any 2 nd gen Charger RT with a 440 Auto and 3:23 gear for fun and $$ comparison! I've had plenty of both.
I too have always loved the art of the 2 nd gen Charger, but I am an odd duck and love the art of most all Mopars.
I am old and don't make $75000 a year like a lot of "youngsters" so I measure old car fun in smiles per mil and per $$.
What I dislike is seeing so many sorry POS project cars that are so overpriced to me. A guy should be able to buy a project, any model, do all the work himself except say machine shop stuff, and not be upside down in the car. Peeps will say they did not buy it to resale and does not matter how many $$$ they have in it. BS!

"I am old and don't make $75000 a year like a lot of "youngsters" so I measure old car fun in smiles per mil and per $$."

I, too, am old (77 YO) and do make more than $75,000+ per year and because of my age, my enjoyment is sharing life with my wife, and continuing to make + $ 75k per year from my investments and holdings, which continue to fund life's pleasures. My accomplishments are not of intangibles, like a 10 second street car, which means nothing, when buying groceries....the check out people don t seem to care...or going out to dinner with my wife....the restaurant waiters also don t know or care what a 10 second car means. I'm glad that you enjoy your car(s)...but to each his own....i enjoy buying a new Escalade and writing a check for it....but I still like the old '70 GTX, and a couple of other classics, but not to the point of excess of wanting/needing a 9.5 second street car...BUT....this is just me.....
BOB RENTON

I’m not into flipping cars, I did many years ago and I’ve got better things to do now... There has to be some logic in the prices though.. I’m still on the hunt for a 70 Charger RT, Vin 170626 if it turns up! It takes a lot more to buy it due to everyone thinking it’s gold..You have to sell body parts to restore one!

Over the decades I have "saved" many an old Mopar that probably would have went to the crusher. If I kept every one my wife would have killed me, I would have needed to buy the adjoining farm for room, and I would have gone broke about 1990! If anyone wants to call me a flipper, then go right ahead. Cars come, cars go..always have. Just about too old to continue though.
What other people can and spend on their car hobby is their business, more power to them.

Over the decades I have "saved" many an old Mopar that probably would have went to the crusher. If I kept every one my wife would have killed me, I would have needed to buy the adjoining farm for room, and I would have gone broke about 1990! If anyone wants to call me a flipper, then go right ahead. Cars come, cars go..always have. Just about too old to continue though.
What other people can and spend on their car hobby is their business, more power to them.
I’ve done the same. Nothing wrong with it. I’ve kept a few but sold lots of cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back