• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger RT in OK

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:61e4403e-9f8c-4580-b422-bf52683aba08

Seller says $38k cash. What’s the going rate for a numbers matching RT these days? I went to look at a track pack 70 RT for 25 a while back, but it had more rot, was missing the motor and had no fender tag and only 1/3 of the build sheet. Looks like it needs a trunk pan, trunk rear valance braces, trunk support, trunk dropoffs, outer wheelhouses, and lower quarters at minimum, along with a bunch of window channel and roof work. But it seems like it’s running and driving, albeit with oil pressure issues.

For future possible reference (bots):

VIN: XS29U0G176088

Screenshot_20211221-172336~2.png

the fact that its been listed for Over 9 weeks and hasnt sold in a Charger crazy market,
( and im pretty sure ive seen it somewheres else for sale too/rotter ! )
that alone should be fair warning.
looks like everything in the car would be to be redone.
way too overpriced,unless you own a shop and can do the entire car yourself......imo.

the fact that its been listed for Over 9 weeks and hasnt sold in a Charger crazy market,
( and im pretty sure ive seen it somewheres else for sale too/rotter ! )
that alone should be fair warning.
looks like everything in the car would be to be redone.
way too overpriced,unless you own a shop and can do the entire car yourself......imo.

That’s what I figured. It’s hard to tell without seeing it in person. I have a 68 I’m working on, but always thought it’d be cool to have a ratty RT driver. Seems a bit steep at even $30k…but I don’t know the market these days.

You can "At Least" Double that price, if you are going to do a Decent Restoration on it, Probably More...

I like Chargers but glad I don’t have an uncontrollable fetish for them. Too darn expensive at nearly $40k for that worn out tetanus relic - I’ll stick with 66/67 models.

Yeah that car has been for sale on Craigslist for at least 2 months prior to showing up on FB

I’ve been studying it and watching it.. The VIN is close to my dads old one but it not his. I think it’s high for needing redone but factory high impact color and if the driveline is all there and tags and papers it would be cool to have it but it will need another 60k put in to it if you can’t do it yourself if not more.. Neat Car crazy price and yes it was listed somewhere else awhile back and didn’t sell or is getting flipped again.

I’ve had a guy trying to buy my 70 RT, he’s trying to get it cheap. I’m sure just to flip it. It’s 99% rust rust free Texas car, auto,air, ps,pdb. It’s not a high impact color, though. It’s white with a green top and interior. I know of a friend who’s got a car just like the one in Oklahoma, but he’s not interested in selling. I would sell mine and buy his if he’d every decide to sell it. I have not talked to him in awhile. They are still out there but everyone knows what they are worth so they just don’t sell cheap.

If anyone can afford a second gen Charger and that is what they want, I say more power to them. Fortunately, I have owned a few back when $10,000 for a completely restored RT was tops. I don't need any more!

I had a 69 rt charger back in 82 running driving good looking car, only paid $1500 and a 1/4 lb of smoke for it.

I'm a practical guy that likes to drive my cars. For what guys want for a POS (really) 68-70 Charger project that will need just about every piece of body metal replaced I look at what you can get in a used Viper and just shake my head to be honest. Sure these old cars look cool but it's crossed over to where it makes absolutely no sense anymore. For guys that think it may be worth it I think that's great but it's not for me.

I'm a practical guy that likes to drive my cars. For what guys want for a POS (really) 68-70 Charger project that will need just about every piece of body metal replaced I look at what you can get in a used Viper and just shake my head to be honest. Sure these old cars look cool but it's crossed over to where it makes absolutely no sense anymore. For guys that think it may be worth it I think that's great but it's not for me.

I wouldn’t say comparing a charger to a viper is apples to apples. People buying second gen chargers want the experience of driving a 50 year old muscle car. I wouldn’t expect it to drive like a viper. If pure performance is what you want, I suspect the new electric stuff will eclipse the internal combustion fairly soon.

I will put the performance of any 67 and earlier B body with a 383 and 3:54 gears up against any 2 nd gen Charger RT with a 440 Auto and 3:23 gear for fun and $$ comparison! I've had plenty of both.
I too have always loved the art of the 2 nd gen Charger, but I am an odd duck and love the art of most all Mopars.
I am old and don't make $75000 a year like a lot of "youngsters" so I measure old car fun in smiles per mil and per $$.
What I dislike is seeing so many sorry POS project cars that are so overpriced to me. A guy should be able to buy a project, any model, do all the work himself except say machine shop stuff, and not be upside down in the car. Peeps will say they did not buy it to resale and does not matter how many $$$ they have in it. BS!

I will say right up front that I don't care how much I put into any of the cars I build, I build them as I want them, the thought of resale value never enters into the equation, not even a little bit. People can call BS if they like but it is true. I built a 73 Barracuda (318, AT, etc) that I tracked pretty much every dollar I spent on it and I can say that I know I have over $50K into the car and no idea of how many hours (thousands to be sure). I know this car would not sell for $50K, no idea what someone would pay for it and I don't care, I have no intentions of selling it at least in the foreseeable future. If I do ever sell it, it will be because my kids don't want it and I am too old to do anything with it and at that point I will take the high bidder whoever/whatever that may be. I know I will most likely lose money but don't care.

I am currently ramping up to build a 71 Charger, I already have $22K into it and have not yet turned a wrench and the car is completely blown apart. I suspect that I will be into this car for at least $50K as well, but again really don't give a crap.

I know I am in the minority here but I have always believed that if your first thought is resale value you might want to look for a new hobby, but thats just my opinion.

I will say right up front that I don't care how much I put into any of the cars I build, I build them as I want them, the thought of resale value never enters into the equation, not even a little bit. People can call BS if they like but it is true. I built a 73 Barracuda (318, AT, etc) that I tracked pretty much every dollar I spent on it and I can say that I know I have over $50K into the car and no idea of how many hours (thousands to be sure). I know this car would not sell for $50K, no idea what someone would pay for it and I don't care, I have no intentions of selling it at least in the foreseeable future. If I do ever sell it, it will be because my kids don't want it and I am too old to do anything with it and at that point I will take the high bidder whoever/whatever that may be. I know I will most likely lose money but don't care.

I am currently ramping up to build a 71 Charger, I already have $22K into it and have not yet turned a wrench and the car is completely blown apart. I suspect that I will be into this car for at least $50K as well, but again really don't give a crap.

I know I am in the minority here but I have always believed that if your first thought is resale value you might want to look for a new hobby, but thats just my opinion.
I agree, and a lot of the "value worriers " go fishing, hunting, trips to Mexico, etc, but you don't hear about how much money they'll get back from those activities. It's a weird world.

I hear you! I don't even know what the total on my 71 is yet but my receipt folder is pushing 2 inches. I am building what I want and going to enjoy the crap out of it when its done!

The guys that make money are the flippers. Or if you bought your cars back in the 80’s. I have less than $2000 in my 70 Charger R/T, E87 D21. I almost let it go back in 2012. Guy offered $12k and I would have let it go for $13.5k. I’m glad I punted on that one, because I don’t even see 318 cars in as good condition for that now.

Auto Transport Service
Back