• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 coronet r/t

dodge69r

Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
Just trying to pick your brains,I have a 1970 coronet r/t 440cu auto with ramair 355 posi 64000mi original car.Car is/was a barn car most of its life has not been lic.for a long long time.Car needs rear quarters,front fenders,interior,both rear frame rails and the left front rail.I have the left front and the right rear rails(southern)to go with the car.The power train is solid and the enginr runs perfect.I am trying to get an idea of what it is worth to sell,if anybody has an idea i would like to hear it.Please do not ask to see pics as the car is stored in my garage with some other cars and I can't get it out till spring.Thanks in advance for your help.By the way the car is B5 blue with black bucket no console interior.

Did not read all of the post. I would like to see the condition of the car before assessing a price.

If it needs quarters, fenders, and frame rails I'm guessing it needs alot more as well. Ask again in the spring when you have pictures.

Sounds like a parts car. Seriously. The purchase price and the amount it would cost for a reputable bodyshop to do all the needed metal work and paint would FAR exceed the resale value of the car. It would be a labor of love.

Work the problem backwards. Think about what the car would be worth FINISHED. Then think about what it will cost to get it there from it's current condition. And assuming you're gonna have to have someone do the paint and body work, I'm guessing that will be a minimum of $15K. Figure in suspension, motor, trans, interior, and a bunch of lil stuff. Then subtract all that from the "finished" value. This will get you close to what it's worth right now. And without pics, I'm guessing that would be a few thousand at most.

I put close to $10,000 into restoring my Demon and it is in good shape. It needed a few spots of rust removed on the doors where the mirrors connected. A new headliner, re-chrome the bumpers, and re-wire the care. Engine needed a new timing chain along with a few other things such as a leaking water pump. If it is a heap of rust, it will cost alot more than 15K to fix as one thing leads to another. Here are a cople of pictures of my Demon before the 'light' restoration (not to hijack this thread):

DSC02786.gif

DSC02789.gif

DSC02785.gif

Pictures tell alot...

Sounds like $15K to get the body back to solid metal alone. From the sound of it I'd go $2500-$3500 max if it's all complete and with all it's correct parts. Hate to say it, but a car like that is most likey worth more in parts than complete.

With the market down like it is, there are lots of cars now that are worth more as parts cars, .....I think the market will recover, but not immediately and not anytime soon.

Auto Transport Service
Back