• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 R/R Trunk Light Switch. Mounting.

skrambler

Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score
First off, I want to thank you all for this forum, and all the knowledge that seems to be found herein. It is nice to have some semi-rediculas questions that I have answered, and the feeling that really, no question is too simple for all that hang here. With some luck, I too may be able to add my two-cents-worth from time to time.
I have always had original Plymouths from the 1940's, and still do. I remember well the Plymouths from the 60's and 70's when in school, but simply could not afford them at the time. Now that I have purchased this 70 R/R, I am a happy boy.

Back to my question on this post.
My car came with the Lighting Package, but, it seems that it slipped through QC when it came to having the trunk light assembly installed...I found an original replacement from a fellow here on this forum, several months ago, long before I brought the car home. Now that I am looking directly at the car, I am slightly puzzeled as to how the pin switch mounts into the factory trunk tab on the body of the car? It seems that the swithch, and wiring harness I received does not have a tightening nut on it... Do you first simply drop the wiring through the mounting tab from the top, and then will the whole switch screw into the trunk tab? Is the trunk tab threaded? Or, am I missing the whole idea here?....
Thanks, once again for your answers!
Photos really are coming soon! Need to find a day that is dry!!!!

Not 100% sure on the '70, but it should be the same as my '69, the tab on the drivers side trunk gutter lip is threaded. It threads in just like a door jamb switch, from the outside in.

yes...its threaded in. just like the door switches....7/16 i believe. the switch has a 90 degree bend in it that will spin around.

my car also came with the A01 light package and did not have ANY of the lights in the package....glove box light...map light...trunk light and under hood light. altho it DID have the hood mounted turn signals

i have all the A01 in now EXCEPT the trunk light. i have the switch mounted...the hot wire ran all i need is the correct light socket, which will mount in the center under the rear glass valance inside the trunk .

Auto Transport Service
Back