• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Road Runner build sheets?

acme rat killer

Local time
6:55 AM
Reaction score
I bought a 70 RR in 86. Every where i looked for a build sheet i found one, under the bench seat, under the back seat, behind the back seat. But not one is the same, different VIN and none match the car. Now this car when i bought it had a grand total of 37K on the clock. And the interior looks, well normal for a 16 year old Mopar that i think spent most of its life, until i got it out side (paint fade) I could see the front seat being replaced, and even the rear seat back, but every seat and from three different cars. I just wish i had saved the build sheets, i dont know what happened to them. Has anyone ever come across this, could the factory have done this? if not it makes me wonder what happend to the inside of my car.

I have a 76 Dart Sport that has 3 Build sheets, 1 go's to the car the others were from cars just a few spots a head of it down the line.1 was under the pass front seat, 1 was under the driver side rear seat and the other was in the rear seat back.
My 74 Satellite Sundance has 2 build sheets, 1 go's with the car and the other was to another Sundance some where down the line.One sheet was under the pass front seat the other was under the drivers rear seat.
The Dart sport was a 1 owner car all it's life.
The Sundance has had 4 owners but it's interior is very rare (1 year only) so I don't think it's ever been changed.

My under standing of the build sheets is that the guy's on the line just stuck them where ever they wanted when they were done with them.It wasn't mandatory for them to put the sheets with the cars.

My St Louis built 70 RR came with two builds sheet both from the car with the VIN two numbers earlier so it had to be a factory mistake.Odd thing is both cars are identically optioned FJ5 hardtops.Makes me wonder if the car built beetween them was the same as well and if there might have been even more built the same.

Was that normal back in the day to make a run of the same cars? both were sales bank cars.

That was quick. Thanks guys. I would love to have the build sheet that goes with the car. The link was good, said St Louis put them in rear floor carpet. I might get lucky. Its been 25 years and i just cant remember what i did with the sheets or what number VINs I do think one was a Road Runner and one was a GTX would love for those to get back to the right car. My sons 70 Swinger has 3 build sheets for his car in perfect condition and some kind of inspection form that we found under the carpet under the front seat.

Attachments

• 100_7898.jpg
    100_7898.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 565
  • 100_7899.jpg
    100_7899.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 599
  • 100_7900.jpg
    100_7900.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 589
That was quick. Thanks guys. I would love to have the build sheet that goes with the car. The link was good, said St Louis put them in rear floor carpet. I might get lucky. Its been 25 years and i just cant remember what i did with the sheets or what number VINs I do think one was a Road Runner and one was a GTX would love for those to get back to the right car. My sons 70 Swinger has 3 build sheets for his car in perfect condition and some kind of inspection form that we found under the carpet under the front seat.

Interesting find there,definitely looks like it would have been from the factory.
There's a shipping order hand written on the top,I wonder if that # appears on the build sheet and it's from the same car...

Auto Transport Service
Back