• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Charger Fender Tag Decode Help

terrywalker

Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
I have a 74 Charger I bought for $900 19 years ago, drove it home, and have yet to really investigate the car. It currently has a 360 -4bbl in it with a 727 transmission.
Black interior, vinyl top gone but all the top molding is in the car. No a/c components in engine bay. 8.75 rear differential with 3.23 gears. Front hi-back bench seat. 73 style seat belts.
Standard gauges (non-rallye). The guy I bought it from told me it originally had a different rear axle /differential in it. He had to replace u-joints in it every 1000 miles after he put this rear axle setup in it.
Here's a photo of the car fender tag. There are several codes I do not understand. IE: N1YN, JL6 etc. Thanks for any insight you can give.
Terry W.

Fender Tag.jpg

pretty much like this BUT standard hartop, not a Rallye. With white pinstripe V7W... but I can't stand it going together with the vinyl side molding V5X ?

100_5709-jpg.jpg

well I'm not a code expert LOL

Last edited:
well, it seems the pinstripe and the body side mold can go together LOL

header_dodge-charger-braun-1974.jpg

OH... also on white "halo" full vinyl top ( V1W )

Auto Transport Service
Back