• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Roadrunner Headrests

BIGSEXY

Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
OK,,,Lil dilemma here. I have a set of new headrests for my bench seat roadrunner. Both have unequal length rods......This is right. BUT Both have a long rod on the right side looking from the rear and a short one on the left, From everything I have looked at. I have 2 right side headrests. The pass side fits well and goes all the way down. When I insert it into the drivers side it wont, It sits 1 1/2 off of the seat.....Any info appreciated .

Hi Big,

The picture below is from my 1970 Road Runner with a bench seat (and the headrest is NOT a correct 1970 headrest). It shows the way that the headrest hardware is positioned within the seat. This requires the 1970 headrests to have one of the rods to be a semi circle. As you can see on the picture, that guide is only on one side. A standard headrest like the one pictured, or one that is mirror image from the way it should be, won't get past this point at all.

I am almost positive that the headrest hardware in my seat backs was configured so that the headrests are not side specific. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of both sides to 100% verify. I would guess there is something else keeping your one headrest from going all the way down...

I hope this helps.

Hawk

IMG_4164.jpg

I have a pair of repop headrests from Classic Industries, description below (tried to copy images, but couldn't). It would appear that the right and left are mirror images of each other.

1968-70 MOPAR A & B-BODY WITH BENCH SEAT BLACK MOLDED HEADREST SET
MD2015100 - 1968-70 MOPAR A & B-BODY WITH BENCH SEAT BLACK MOLDED HEADREST SET
Sold as a pair for models with a bench seat.

I ordered and recieved the Classic industries MD2015100 head rest, just opened the box and they are not equal length, so I can confirm the 2 different lengths are correct.
I have the old ones off my seats, they are in good presentable condtion if anyones interested.

Are the two exactly the same or are the long rods on the left side on one and right side on other ?

I ordered and recieved the Classic industries MD2015100 head rest, just opened the box and they are not equal length, so I can confirm the 2 different lengths are correct.
I have the old ones off my seats, they are in good presentable condtion if anyones interested.
I may be interested in your old headrests? What color are they and what kind of shape? Gary

Auto Transport Service
Back