• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Roadrunner plastic plugs in top of door by hinges

Wing It

Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a 70 Roadrunner and I am trying to determine if the 7/8" plastic plugs that go into the upper half of the door frame on the hinge side should be white for a car with white upper door frames. If they are supposed to be white, can I buy white ones or do I have to paint them? Thanks for any help provided!

Bob Frey

20221110_195736.jpg

Should be white. Could try painting first, see how it works.

White black blue green burnt orange tan etc. all colored to the upper door frame paint.

And we know these are never limelight, plum crazy, hemi orange Vitamin C orange lemon twist. Chrysler never painted the upper door frames this color like you see on current restos.

My 70 RR white interior car came with white plugs. I "think" aftermarket ones are only black, so you'd have to use interior paint, but double check that.

Don't mean to hi jack here, but upper frames painted black , is it gloss black or ?

If you wind up needing some, let me know, I can drop them in the mail.

I bought some white ones a while ago. New. Be damned if I can remember who/where from. Sorry if I remember I will certainly let you know.

Auto Transport Service
Back