• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR dustrail

CSchill

Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone help with any documentation on the measurements for the location of the dust trail for a 70 road runner? I am installing a new dust trail and want to get it right. Thanks

I don't have exact measurements, but I do have some information about the dust trail. I see A LOT of these stripes put on wrong.
1. Each side of the dust trail is different...every so slightly. If you look very, very carefully in the dust trail, there are two "X's", on the front edge, towards the bottom. These are the roadrunner's feet.
2. The dust trail stripes do not line up in the center of the quarter panel scoops. They are offset slightly upward & basically line up with the "road" & "runner" emblems.
3. The dust trails should line up with the "road" & "runner" emblems in the back, go just over the front wheel wells & be straight the whole way along the car.

Hope This Helps!

The official documentation.

70rrstripe.jpg

Proper install

1970redrr.jpg

2 notes:

The stripe isn't horizontally centered coming out of the side scoop, it's a little above the center.
The stripe gets as close as possible to the front wheel lip.

Last edited:
I don't have exact measurements, but I do have some information about the dust trail. I see A LOT of these stripes put on wrong.
1. Each side of the dust trail is different...every so slightly. If you look very, very carefully in the dust trail, there are two "X's", on the front edge, towards the bottom. These are the roadrunner's feet.
2. The dust trail stripes do not line up in the center of the quarter panel scoops. They are offset slightly upward & basically line up with the "road" & "runner" emblems.
3. The dust trails should line up with the "road" & "runner" emblems in the back, go just over the front wheel wells & be straight the whole way along the car.

Hope This Helps!

Agree with the above. One other thing. The picture below may not be the greatest to show this, and it is a small detail that you WON'T notice if it is right, but you WILL notice if it is wrong.

First of all, look carefully at the pattern and keep it the right side up on both sides - look at the Road Runner decal to "set" the upside down vs. right side up. Then recognize that the decal comes in pieces, and it has a pattern that repeats itself. Keep that pattern the same spacing all the way back into the quarter panel scoops - including through the door gaps. It will make for a professional and proper installation.

Hope this description (and picture) helps.

Hawk

DSC_0332.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back