• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR Horn Pad

A70Runner

Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
My RR never had the stock steering wheel in it. I bought a repro wheel for it. I also bought two used horn pads years ago for it. The two horn pad are different. One is fully molded and one the ring separates from the pad. Not sure which one I need(if it really makes a difference). And can’t figure out how to mount it all together. Thanks!

19D3E242-B9DA-4376-A33B-C5A7322AD90E.jpeg

You should get a free online factory service manual. It will help a lot.
1. Those two horn pads are the same I believe, just one has the horn ring separated (?), so either one is correct.
2. The horn pad attaches to the horn button (you have 2 in your picture).
3. The horn button attaches to the steering wheel.
4. There are horn buttons which look very similar, but don't interchange. You almost certainly have two correct horn buttons
5. All you need now is 3 small screws.... and the factory service manual shows you how to put it together

Been a long time since I owned a '70 B-body, but isn't the column a larger OD to fit the ignition cylinder ?
Seems the steering wheel & horn pad would be larger at their bases, like what I think I see in that one horn pad in the photo.

The pad on the right of photo is 70 B body. One on left is earlier and will not fit.

70's had a one year only steering wheel, which as noted was to accommodate the ignition switch in the column.

So the molded one is for a 70. I did look through the 69&70 service manual and didn’t see a print on how it bolts together.

Auto Transport Service
Back