• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 super bee power booster air puff noise when I apply brakes . Any clues why??

Jimclo2002

Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
70 super bee power booster, puffs air noise when I apply brakes.
When I apply the brakes slowly I do not get the air puff noise .
The hole brake system is brand new. Brakes are bled multiple times. Pedal feels OK maybe a slightly low pedal.

Fronts are disc/rear drum

Any clues on why this may be happening?

Thanks for any advice that you may have

IMG_0358.jpeg

Most likely air being expelled from the bellows boot on the rod under the dash.

I agree with pnora, did you remove the booster by chance? The reason I ask that is because mine had a piece of dried out open cell foam in the booster boot, looked like a factory piece, a muffler of some sorts maybe? I cut one out of open cell foam, didn’t completely deaden the sound but it wasn’t any worse.

The one in my Bird does it on a slow push. So it's normal?.. that's nice to hear!

The complete brake system is new. Were you talking about the rubber slinky type tube that is around the rod that would connect to the pedal mechanism?
Should I remove rubber tube piece if it's still on back of the brake booster?
Or is it a bad booster ? Or the rod is too short? Or To long ???

The complete brake system is new. Were you talking about the rubber slinky type tube that is around the rod that would connect to the pedal mechanism?
Its normal.

I have heard that

It’s a little quieter with the foam but not much. If I had all new components and they were working fine, I personally wouldn’t mess with it. It’s just one of noises old cars make, kinda like that metallic blinker sound or the hideous seat belt buzzer

Auto Transport Service
Back