• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Super Bee 4 Wheel Power Drum Brake Booster

69dodgesuperbee

Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a 1969 Super Bee with 4 wheel drum brakes. I believe everything in the brake system is the way it came from the factory. I'm not aware of any modifications, but I do not some parts have been replaced over the years. If you see something wrong, let me know. The brakes have worked fine for the last 11+ years I have owned the car. Now, I think my booster is leaking. It suddenly got very difficult to stop the car. It feels like there is power brakes for the first fraction of a second, but then that feeling goes away and it becomes very hard to push the pedal. The pedal is very hard to push. I also notice the engine runs rough when you have the brake pedal pressed, like at a stop sign for example. The engine smooths out when you let off the brakes.

First off, can anyone tell me what kind of brake booster this is? I hear different names thrown around, but don't know what kind I have on the car.

Secondly, where can I get a new booster, or more likely, where can I get this one rebuilt? I've heard several names, but I'd like to find out where y'all out there have had good luck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

IMG_6999.JPG

IMG_7001.JPG

IMG_7002.JPG

IMG_7003.JPG

I may be wrong but that booster looks like a single diaphragm 1973-76 A body disc/drum booster.

Yours:

1694980463929.png

Ones that I have owned:

A B 1.JPG

IMG_E2301.JPG

I did read where you think the parts are original. I do find it strange that a 4 wheel drum car has a booster that looks like yours. I have a 4 wheel drum late 60s B body booster that is in this picture:

2 72 B2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back