• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70GTX Quarter Patch Panels

Baller

Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone. After a lengthy delay, I am finally able to work on my car. Unfortunately during the time away it seems that AMD has discontinued the rear quarter lower patch panels. I have searched online but haven't found any in stock. Does anyone have a source or an idea where I could find them? Thanks.

Hello everyone. After a lengthy delay, I am finally able to work on my car. Unfortunately during the time away it seems that AMD has discontinued the rear quarter lower patch panels. I have searched online but haven't found any in stock. Does anyone have a source or an idea where I could find them? Thanks.
Start a wanted thread.

C to C fabrication, maybe.

Message Rob Sharon, I sold him a Roadrunner not long ago and included some rear quarter skins. I saw he had them listed, maybe they didn’t sell.

Assuming the OP means the lower rear area below the character line:
A good racecar/hot rod/restoration fabricator can make them; we did that decades ago.

Assuming the OP means the lower rear area below the character line:
A good racecar/hot rod/restoration fabricator can make them; we did that decades ago.
That is indeed the part. Unfortunately, a good fabricator i am not. That being said, I may be forced to give it a go. Not like I want a show car- just something to lay some rubber with and look have decent while doing it.

Post a couple photos of the areas that need work; it MAY be easier than you think.
That area curves inward, and also has a slight "bow" or taper front to rear.
Hopefully the flange areas and inner panel are good = much easier...

1691027279181.png

Thank you. And they are fairly close by- family road trip to WA may be in the works. I saw that Jim's Auto Parts had them as well- I have read a lot of complaints about them over the years so I was going to give them a pass. Unless I was thinking of some other company. Thanks again.
I bought patch panels from Layson's for my 66 Dart and the body shop was quite impressed with the gauge thickness and fit. I bought used trunk drops from Desert Valley because no one repops them.

20170418_083736.jpg

20170705_084359.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back