• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 - 74 Charger PBH Power Bulge Hood decals

mrsnicks

Local time
3:19 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have a source for PBH decals? No vent, no decal, no R/T... just looking for a solid decal for the 71 Charger Power Bulge Hood. Or if anyone has a template/dimensions that might work as well.

Thanks,

Patrick

Maybe not based on this.

"There is no way to make the original 1972- or 1973-74-style blackouts in vinyl, as vinyl will not conform to compound curves, and our 1971-style blackout is much different than the original painted blackouts. "

Maybe I need to reask if anyone has a paint template/stencil.

Patrick

I thought Phoenix Graphics had a mask for about $99 (don't quote me). At least the correct one for '72. Not sure about '71, but the old manuals had instructions for painting the hood blackout for '72 also. I seriously could not make heads or tails of how to actually use those instructions, but I suppose a real paint pro could figure it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Well here is one way. The body color stripe inside of the black stripe is 1/2", the outer black stripe is also 1/2". Could tape it out with 1/2" vinyl tape, mask, then paint black with satin clear over it. Also these guys have a plain 1971 decal that might work: http://www.graphic-express.com/c_dodge_charger_1971.asp

Auto Transport Service
Back