• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 Charger Power Bulge Insulation

Charger Fan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the underside hood insulation that fits a standard 1973 Charger hood is the same for the power bulge hood? I see a lot of insulation pads advertised on-line but none of them mention fitting the power bulge hood.

I pulled mine out because it compressed against the air filter. Looks to be the same style/type as the flat hood

There are some vendors that sell them and you can find them on feebay. Your choice will be either regular cut pad or the molded cut pad. I have the molded pad. Of course the molded ones are more expensive. I have a Power Bulge Hood and this fits nicely. You can get these thru Detroit Muscle Technologies.

1696626747434.png

There are some vendors that sell them and you can find them on feebay. Your choice will be either regular cut pad or the molded cut pad. I have the molded pad. Of course the molded ones are more expensive. I have a Power Bulge Hood and this fits nicely. You can get these thru Detroit Muscle Technologies.

View attachment 1535785
Did you purchase your from Detroit Muscle Tech? Was it recently? His website says it will not fit power bulge hood so I emailed him to verify. He confirmed he can’t advertise it as fitting because he has never had the opportunity to do a fit check on a power bulge hood. Sounds like you have confirmed insulation for a flat hood will also fit PB hood?

Did you purchase your from Detroit Muscle Tech? Was it recently? His website says it will not fit power bulge hood so I emailed him to verify. He confirmed he can’t advertise it as fitting because he has never had the opportunity to do a fit check on a power bulge hood. Sounds like you have confirmed insulation for a flat hood will also fit PB hood?
Yes that is correct. The fitted pad for the flat hood will work on the bulge hood. I did get it from DMT and that was 4 years ago. We have an All Mopar Swap Meet at the local college every winter and I also see him there with a large assortment of product for the 3rd gens which I'm sure I will be buying stuff from him again this coming Swap Meet.

View attachment 1535785
I just found this one on the DMT website, but it seems it's not molded? They don't mention it in the description either.
1702824460015.png

I found this one on Ebay. Looks better?

1702824741805.png

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back