• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71-74 rocker moulding ?

Sputnik

Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
Never seen this before - was this an option or is this custom ?

Attachments

• 38374120006_large (Small).jpg
    38374120006_large (Small).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 669
Not sure on a 73/4 but my 71 SSP's have a wide molding.

Attachments

• Mark's Truck Pics_0031.jpg
    Mark's Truck Pics_0031.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 454
When I pulled mine out of the junkyard there ar moulding clips on the rocker panel I figured they were something put on by the previous owner since there are other aftermarket decals on the car

rocker mouldings, imho, are nothing but a hiding place for rust, and yes, i will still put them on my 73 Charger SE (slaps myself)

I have them on my 71 SSP stock from the factory....if yours are in rough shape, good luck finding new or good used ones....lol

I have a pair of those moldings for my 74 ssp.

And the 71 GTX got cast aluminum rockers, high dollar, hard to find, that look a lot like the Cuda gran coupe ones

Cool - I've collected a couple hundred pics off the internet for inspiration, but this was a first - never seen 'em. I think they look good (I must be in the minority), surprised more weren't added back in the day.

Auto Transport Service
Back