• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 B-Body Rear Sway Bar With 3" Exhaust??

WaterBoy

Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
Is anyone running a rear sway bar with a 3" exhaust? I just got off the phone with PST but they couldn't tell me if it'd fit with an exhaust larger the the stock size.

I think it would depend on the sway bar brand and the exhaust brand.
I have a 3" on my 72 RR with a factory sway bar. Our at least a very old sway bar but I know newer hellwig bars and such mount different

i hooked up my hellwig like this, should clear 3" np

20140322_165544_zps9e5510b1.jpg

I don't see why you couldn't make it work! That's why God invented the welder

I have a Hotchkis rear sway bar with 3 inch exhausts on a 71 Satellite. Model: Hotchkis 2255R Performance Rear Sway Bar

i hooked up my hellwig like this, should clear 3" np
I ended up finding this and your build thread in a search! Nice work!

- - - Updated - - -

I have a Hotchkis rear sway bar with 3 inch exhausts on a 71 Satellite. Model: Hotchkis 2255R Performance Rear Sway Bar

Interesting, I didn't even know Hotchkis made a sway bar for the 71 and up b bodies? Do you happen to have a picture of it installed? Is it mounted above or below the axle?

I have a 70 GTX with the firmfeel upper mounted sway bar and 3" exhaust tight but fits

Auto Transport Service
Back