• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

-71 B body stiffening

Dear Polyjohn Thank you for your comments. I hope you can get all go fast goodies ready before our upcomming -71 race. Your 512 will be hard to beat.

143B581A-6CDF-41E1-83E6-4868F063A208.jpeg

Try what I did on the 70 k thats for my 65. Using my RotaBroach set, I put in 120+ holes in the frame to add more welds to the k. I only went through one layer with the exception of the idler arm mount where I went through two. Factory was only 30 or so. Added gusseting to the strut bar pockets, cut windows to expose the lower a-arm shaft tubes, welded those where accessible, added reinforcements at both ends of the tubes, skid plate. I still need to work on the topside to cut away some excess material, add gussets to the steering box mount and some other areas. Other than the broach set, very low budget improvements. Adding the extra welds in cuts down on the flexing. I did these mods as I plan on doing track events, autocross, some drags and plenty of twisty fun.

View attachment 1301409

View attachment 1301410

View attachment 1301411

View attachment 1301412

View attachment 1301413

View attachment 1301414

View attachment 1301415
Great work ckessel. Perfect and sharp weldings! Your K frame stiffening looks good!

Life is a bit better now in the UK as its warmed up a bit!
512cube engine is currently in my friends 66 Polara, soon to be in the GTX!

See you at the POD Euro-nationals lol...

1476257849027.jpg

512 Polara.jpg

Will see you on the strip. Still waiting exthaust and sliders weldings and minor tuning.

Auto Transport Service
Back