• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Blasted & Primed

HEMIB

Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
Fresh from the blaster

blaprim.JPG

FJPR6552 - Copy (2).JPG

Man, that looks good. Are those aftermarket stiffeners?

1679830646470.png

HemiB did you have to do any metal repairs before you blasted it? Looks great!

small lower rear quarter rust repair couple of small holes around back window

Was stripped in 1989 to make into a drag car then left in Nevada until last december bought with no drive train using a new 6.4 srt with 8 speed 8 hp70

Waiting waiting on paint New SRT Frostbite blue still plenty to do .

Paint shop.jpg

Getting the brakes ready first time at power coating all in the prep, bit thick on the front but OK Baer 6 piston 14" pro front ,4 piston wilwood rear 8 3/4 355 with Torsion tru trac.
Not big on the Baer rears as they have Aluminium hat's rather than steel also the Wilwood has a better emergency brake setup.

front.JPG

REAR.JPG

Working on the dash always looking for somewhere to put my phone so why not on the dash does all the music ,GPS & charges ,Holley 12.3 ,USB outlet for datalogging still might move some stuff around also i dont use the glovebox so i put the Holley Terminator XMAX & Fuse relay panel for easy access,Digital Vintage air controller

IMG_20231218_091617.jpg

IMG_20231218_091613.jpg

IMG_20231218_091621.jpg

Rewire & sleeved wiring on Wiper motor milled a cap for the park wiring

CAP.JPG

Cap2.JPG

Made up torque mount using a couple of old lower control arms also cut the quick shifter handle & milled over lapping joint's not sure what the quick silver is made from but you cannot weld it used lace sheoak for the handles ,Fitted turbo blanket to Borgenson box for a bit of heat shielding

torque.JPG

pistol.JPG

That's a nice looking dash!

Is that a kit or did you fab it?

Had to make it from scratch after a few attempts at making an insert with fibreglass I ended up welding a long piece of sheet metal in then mounting a sheet of carbon fibre from the rear

Auto Transport Service
Back