• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Dodge Super Bee

Jeff Hoffman

Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
Looking for an original vin number plate to match my 71 Dodge Charger Super Bee or at the least have one made. Can I get anyone’s input on this.

Here we go.... get ready for the **** storm that is coming with people screaming about fake this and that.

Bottom line here is it depends on your state but generally it is a felony to alter/mess with the VIN tag so in many cases you have to take all of your documentation (bill of sale, title, etc.) to your DMV/Highway patrol and get a state VIN sticker.

I don't know anyone who will make a reproduction VIN tag, not saying there isn't someone out there but I've never heard of anyone.

I thank you for replying to my question and I hope no one thinks I’m trying to get over on the government I was truly asking an honest question. I’ve had my car for 52 years and the vin number plate got lost with all the upgrades I’ve done on it through the years.

IMG_0024.jpeg

IMG_0030.jpeg

IMG_0025.jpeg

Do you have a title with the vin number on it. If so, try MMC Detroit and see if they do vin tags. Just had a fender tag made for my car due to it was missing. You may still have to go through your local DMV for paperwork. As stated above.

I thank you for replying to my question and I hope no one thinks I’m trying to get over on the government I was truly asking an honest question. I’ve had my car for 52 years and the vin number plate got lost with all the upgrades I’ve done on it through the years.

View attachment 1518491

View attachment 1518492

View attachment 1518493
Oh I am not offended but there will be someone here that will be. That said, the main issue you will run into is the legality of it first off but then there is the actual making of the plate and again I do not know if anyone actually does this because it is a very slippery slope, sure in your case you've owned the car for 52 years and are not trying to make it anything it isn't, but there are those who if they could make all sorts of things especially given the prices some of these cars can bring. Imagine just taking a 318 car and making a new VIN tag and replacing the G with an R (70+ car), instant Hemi car...

Oh I am not offended but there will be someone here that will be. That said, the main issue you will run into is the legality of it first off but then there is the actual making of the plate and again I do not know if anyone actually does this because it is a very slippery slope, sure in your case you've owned the car for 52 years and are not trying to make it anything it isn't, but there are those who if they could make all sorts of things especially given the prices some of these cars can bring. Imagine just taking a 318 car and making a new VIN tag and replacing the G with an R (70+ car), instant Hemi car...
Thank you

Try this. I bought a fender tag for a tribute car made in Europe. It was great quality. This looks good and as long as you have the title then I can tell you from a law enforcement perspective , no issues. Get the rivets from ECS AUTOMOTIVE.

IMG_9896.png

Auto Transport Service
Back