• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 roadrunner bench seat question

lamont 71duster

Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
i need a little help from u guys.i have a 71 rr and im going to be running a4speed in it.i was wondering what you guys think.i seen a roadrunner with a bench seat in it ( not to many u see with bench seat) but was wondering what u guys think would look better bench or buckets??????

I've had (and still have) 69 runners with bench and 4 speeds. It's a lighter setup than buckets (so says the factory) and I think is pretty cool to see factory bench 4 speeds. Everyone expects to see buckets and a stick

You'll have to run the shifter on the FRONT mount of the trans for a bench seat and on the rear mount for buckets. I like bench 4-speed cars in stuff 69 and prior. 70 and up I like bucket seat 4-speeds. But that's just me. :)

I have a 71 RR that came with bench and B&M auto on floor, not a four speed BUT I switched to buckets and will not put the bench back in.

My bro has a 70 RR with a factory 4 speed pistol grip bench now with buckets.

Both definetly look better with buckets.

my 72 is original bench seat 4 speed. the hump is different along with all the shifter assembly except the shifter. it's a neat look in my opinion.

clem

ya i seen a RR with a bench in it and now i have the itch to put a bench in it.if i can even find a bench seat

SDC12090.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back