• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 RR 4-link question

Bill M

Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a 4-link rear suspension for the 71 RR project.

Don't plan on racing but just maybe some aggressive street driving. No other reason than just for something more modern looking and adjustability. Mini tubed with spring re-location.

Will be installing a modern Hemi driveline some day.

Was looking at Riley or a QA1 set-up. Am i on the right track. Any pros or cons on these products?

Are there any others i should be looking at?

Last edited:
I have settled on the RMS kit, but I have yet to pull the trigger. I'm hoping to start moving forward in the next few months.

I have settled on the RMS kit, but I have yet to pull the trigger. I'm hoping to start moving forward in the next few months.
Why the RMS??
similar price but i think the shocks are better on the QA1

The QA1 was just slightly higher in price, plus I'm getting the Wilwood axles for the brake conversion at the same time that RMS offers. It made sense to get them all from the same place. RMS is also only a couple hours from me, so I might go pick them up instead of paying for shipping. I don't think you'd be making a bad choice with either though.

The QA1 was just slightly higher in price, plus I'm getting the Wilwood axles for the brake conversion at the same time that RMS offers. It made sense to get them all from the same place. RMS is also only a couple hours from me, so I might go pick them up instead of paying for shipping. I don't think you'd be making a bad choice with either though.
QA1 had a special at shows last year. they soften the price and no shipping.

I considered mini-tubbing until I read the rear seat frames would need to be modified. I think the trunk hinges have to move too.

Auto Transport Service
Back