• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 RR vinyl trim clips

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get these clips for my vinyl trim (to hold the trim) or does anyone have some they would part with:icon_question:

THANKS!:

Cool, Hope they are the ones he needs to do his car! (rrTor-Red) maybe Jeff would be able to get him some if he doesn't have the right ones there.. I would think they would have to be close...

Cool, Hope they are the ones he needs to do his car! (rrTor-Red) maybe Jeff would be able to get him some if he doesn't have the right ones there.. I would think they would have to be close...

Jeff is a great guy. I did contact him before for these clips. He told me that they would not fit and gave me a P/N of the ones that are for my car. They are shorter and are opened on both sides. Now, if I can find the email he sent.

Sounds like he is a nice guy, if you cant find the email, im sure he would help again.. Ive lost my share of emails i shouldn't have lol, i can look again myself i do have some specific sites for hard to find/get window and roof clips.

Thanks Ron 73. I just sent Dantes a email. Waiting on a response.

Who is most likely to have them is Tom at R/T Specialties. I checked his site, which is kinda hard search, and didn't see any. Might call him.

I will call Tom. As soon as I get home from Afghanistan, I'll take a pix and get the dimensions of the ones I do have. BTW- I found the email from Jeff. He said these wont fit, that I need P/N 6003133. I dont know where he got that number cause I couldnt find it in my parts book. Also, Dantes had the same. I remember the ones I saw were black, opened on both ends, and "hook" onto the stud in the middle.

I found them in my parts book. FYI- the picture is on page 1370 and the parts break down is on page 1371. Its item 7 and it lists a few retainers

Send Tom an email, he will know what they are, and I am willing to bet that he has a few in stock.

Rog_Allen: You used those on your car? I could swear mine are short and black. Now this is driving me crazy till I can get home to see. Cant wait. Also, I'm hoping Tom might have them if the others that was posted wont work. Again, gotta wait till I get home to visually check :( Thanks All!

rog_allen: You used those on your car? I could swear mine are short and black. Now this is driving me crazy till i can get home to see. Cant wait. Also, i'm hoping tom might have them if the others that was posted wont work. Again, gotta wait till i get home to visually check :( thanks all!

actualy i only replaced three in the center of my roof because my trim kept lifting up and they seemed to work just fine .. And my old ones were white also ... But they might not have been original either but they did fit good... Good luck

Super old thread, but I recently invested in the tooling to build the 6003133's again. If anyone is still after them (and I sure hope so!), the bucket load will be showing up at our place in 4-5 weeks. The prototypes worked just fine...

Jeff

6003133.JPG

Super old thread, but I recently invested in the tooling to build the 6003133's again. If anyone is still after them (and I sure hope so!), the bucket load will be showing up at our place in 4-5 weeks. The prototypes worked just fine...

Jeff

View attachment 345026

post on here when you have them in stock
that is something i will need

post on here when you have them in stock
that is something i will need
Will do! At this point I have 10 extra prototypes if someone was in a bind and that'd do the job, but otherwise I'll followup when the production run gets here. Thanks!

I needed these clips a while ago (1-2 years). Don't remember where I got them but had to buy a bunch instead of a few. The original ones was black, these are just like jsbrown shows. Anyway, the little "ears" or "tabs" on the ones I have stuck out from the trim a tiny bit. You could see the white against the black trim if you looked closely. Some people might not notice them but I did. So I trimmed the "ears" with an exacto knife and installed.

Auto Transport Service
Back