• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Sat. w/factory disc proportioning/metering valve

Buckeye Bird

Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
Have others that have purchased repop factory original brake proportioning / metering valves had leakage problems? I have purchased two different valves and both have leaked. I assume they must be made off shore and all the vendors get them from the same source. One would think that a safety related brake part would have higher quality control!

Yeah...no. My first one was from inline tube. leaked from day one. The next one I got from Dr Diff . still good 4 years. Silicone fluid if your interested.

Installed silicone fluid in a 69 A body/drum restoration in 1995 and fluid is as clean today as it was then and no leak issues ever. I am sold on silicone in dry, older pre ABS brake systems, where Dot 3 is specified. Thanks!

Yes. I installed a new metering valve one year ago this month. Bought from Dr. Diff. It has completely and totally failed this past Sunday. The main proportioning / distribution block (which also came from Dr. Diff) has always weeped at the drum brake inlet connection. The metering block gushes from the valve stem at the bottom. It has failed badly enough to cause death to the driver of the vehicle. Depressing and scary, at the same time, that these “repro” parts are made with such piss poor quality. Unfortunately, I suspect they are all made by the same lousy company, in China, that shouldn’t be making anything.

I had the same problems with the proportioning valve and the metering valve.
Both are new parts from Inline Tube.
Both piss.
China junk!
I've read so many times that the parts from Inline Tube are junk.
Why are they still selling them?
That's dangerous to life!
So I bought repair kits from Muscle Car Research and repair the old original valves.
That's the better way!
Mopar Parts | Muscle Car Research LLC

Auto Transport Service
Back