• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Charger cabin fresh air vent intake.

TAZZ

Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
72 Charger with no ac in S. Louisiana. Where is the fresh air intake located? I mean does it come from somewhere under the hood? Cowl? The air coming out of the vents under the dash is hot as all get out. I'd do some investigating in the car but I'm at work in the Gulf and just thought of it.

Tazz - there is a cowl to hood seal just in front of the cowl to stop any under hood heat from going into the cowl and into the interior of he car.
If yours is missing then put one on.
Otherwise if its hot outside - that same outside air goes into the interior.

Tazz - there is a cowl to hood seal just in front of the cowl to stop any under hood heat from going into the cowl and into the interior of he car.
If yours is missing then put one on.
Otherwise if its hot outside - that same outside air goes into the interior.
Circled area is the culprit. I very seldom drive the car fast enough for the cowl induction to come into play. I think the scoop is probably too far from the cowl to really work anyway. We bought the car like that. The previous owner was gonna race the car. It's also got an Edelbrock air gap intake which prevents a flat hood from closing properly. I may try a very short air filter and some sort of cold air intake getting air from the front of the car.

72 right with circle.png

Tazz, get rid of that set-up and go with an Air Grabber set-up.
I bought mine from the Stinger fiberglass company - I'm not using any under hood components.
I fabbed it to stay open.
Sept 18th (15).jpg
Sept 18th (11).jpg
Sept 18th (12).jpg

Those Plymouth AG bolt on setups don't work very well on Chargers, as they are designed to fit in the recess of the Plymouth only hood.

...and IMO, don't look right on a Dodge. For a Charger, you really need the whole AG hood.

I agree in theory about the cowl seal, although mine has been missing since I painted under the hood and mine still blows cool from the vent in 100 degree Florida.

BTW Mopars were famous for COLD vent air that could sometimes be mistaken for AC, as opposed to gm's hot vent air.

YY1 you are correct - I meant to say get the whole Air Grabber setup for a Charger, hood and all.
My set-up won't fit worth a crap on Charger...:BangHead:

Auto Transport Service
Back