• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'72 Charger late model engine swap ?

Jarran

Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1972 charger that originally came with a 318 and 727-a, the 727 is still there, minus the 318, the previous owner dropped in a completely built 360 drag motor, I am looking for something with a bit more reliability and a bit better economy. Mostly I am looking to avoid the early morning 15 minute warm ups. So I was thinking of converting to a late model engine, I have seen a lot about the new 5.7L/6.1L swaps, but I am looking for something that won't break the bank (possibly be able to pull one from a junker) and will bolt up to my 727, definitely looking to go fuel injected. Any help would be appreciated. Mind you I am trying to make a driver here, not a weekender.

It will bolt up to your trans, you'll need engine mounts from TTI, fuel pump and regulator capable of 58 psi, wiring harness from hotwireauto, computer(s) depending on the year of engine. Check out my thread, late model hemi into early b bodies, in the 62-65 section. Also fabo has alot of info, check it out.

Auto Transport Service
Back