• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Charger Rallye, leave as is or update

Yeah, agree with everything you say. I've reached out to Grovier to get it certified/authenticated which is a pretty slow process, but would be would support documentation. Based on the comments so far, I think I'm just going to make the needed repairs/upgrades and continue to enjoy it.

Don’t waste your time with Grover, he’ll just take your money. The forums are full of bad experiences involving that guy.

By the way, mine. 71 with a 72 bulge hood

E9240386-E6BD-4297-AE3E-14805ADBB2E3.jpeg

It will be enough just choosing the right pistons to raise the compression and you will be back to the older days performance. It will be just like any R/T but with better handling due the rear sway bar.[/QUOT

Hey Nacho, I was wondering what oil weight/brand you would recommend? I've tried a couple of combinations but was curious what you use. Thanks, Jack

I'm not a mech expert, but I think Castrol 20w50. Used once and did run great.

In Venezuela I used to use the local brand PDV 20w50. Castrol was way more expensive and PDV was more accesible anywhere.

Once I used also Shell Helix ( red Bottle )

I must to say didn't notice really a huge difference betwen any of them.
Everyone mineral.

Last edited:
Don't forget to add Marvel Mystery Oil! Not sure why, bit of a mystery, but the engine seems to like it.

I must say I used 20w50 on a Tropical Country where temps use to be on 25°-35° C ( celsious ) rate on daytime as average all year long in 80% of the country.

Auto Transport Service
Back