• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Charger sway bar

Rjbrogan

Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
Is it possible to add a sway bar to my Charger? I have a K-Member and lower control arms without the mounting holes. Is there an aftermarket kit available?

Thanks for your time!

Yes. Either find a factory setup with the LCAs or look at Fermfeel and Hotchkiss. They have kits with bolt on brackets for the LCAs.

I went with Firmfeel, although i had a sway bar and upgraded it to the 1-1/4 Firmfeel one, they do sell the brackets you would need to weld in.
firmfeel-1.jpg
firmfeel-2.jpg

I am using Hellwig sway bars front and rear. My 72 did not come with sway bars either. The front is all bolt on, no welding unless you want to. Just have to drill a hole in the LCA to mount the sway bar end link bracket. The K frame side is all bolt on.

IMG-1439-2.jpg

IMG-1439.jpg

IMG-1440.jpg

72 charger big factory big block typically come with a sway bar. Later models come with larger sway bars, but I'm sure its a direct fit. You will not the lower control arm for both sides to convert from a factory sway bar to a non factory setup.

Thanks for all of your input guys, it really gives me a direction to go. Much appreciated!

Do you need it? How about Bilsteins all the way around and a Firm Feel Stage2 Box first.

Auto Transport Service
Back